Top 5 Things to Do in Huntington Station
Huntington Station is a small hamlet, located in Huntington Town, Suffolk County, New York and is the birthplace of famous American poet, essayist and journalist, Walt Whitman.
1. Visit Huntington Bay: A neighborhood of Huntington Town, Huntington Bay is a village located only sixteen feet above sea level. The rural landscape of the village is rapidly being transformed, as modern housing complexes, recreational facilities and offices are constructed.
2. See the Walt Whitman Mall: The first enclosed mall on Long Island, Walt Whitman Mall is a multi story construction, featuring many popular shops and stores, including Lord and Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue and Bloomingdale's. There is a choice of restaurants, Pan Era Bread, Legal Sea Foods and California Pizza Kitchen.
3. Do not miss a drive on Route 110: Route 110 is a New York State Highway, is one of the major north-south routes in the region and follows the western border of Suffolk County.
4. Enjoy your visit to the Belmont Lake State Park: Belmont Lake State Park is situated in the neighboring town of Babylon, Suffolk County. This park provides facilities for picnicking, boating and many other popular sports.
5. Plan a trip to Captree State Park: The park, which is located in the bordering town of Babylon, Suffolk County, provides facilities for fishing, boating, picnicking and other recreational activities. It features a boat basin with charter boats available for fishing, sight seeing excursions and scuba diving.