5 Things You Must Do in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh is a city with an exhilarating history having been fought over by the French and British and first had European settlers as early as the 1700's. However, it is now a city proud of its history but very much at ease with its modern status as a vibrant and exciting place to live in or visit. The top 5 things to do in Pittsburgh are:
1. Try a Gateway Clipper Flight Cruise. These riverboats will take you on a luxurious cruise through the rivers of Pittsburgh all year round. You can enjoy fine dining and experience Pittsburgh from the water and even have a private cruise if required. Sailings from Station Square Dock.
2. Visit the Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens. These are located in the Schenley Park district which offers a truly awesome range of displays from tropical fauna to more standard flower shows with an impressive conservatory and a wide range of horticultural and gardening events/shows.
3. Spend a day at the Carnegie Science Center. Located at One Allegheny Avenue hosts an exciting range of exhibits, many of which are interactive including a genuine World War ll submarine. There is also a planetarium with various shows. Closed Mondays.
4. Have fun at Kennywood Park: (Mid May – September only) A real American family fun day out at a theme park which offers not just thrill seeking rides, but shows for all the family. One of the best loved theme parks in the US and a day not to be missed
5. Experience the Senator John Heinz Regional Historical Center: This world famous Museum is part of the Smithsonian Institute and also incorporates a sports museum inside it! As the largest museum in Pennsylvania and with extensive facilities it caters for all tastes and also includes a library and archives for serious historians.