5 Things to do in Sonora
Sonora was originally founded by Mexican workers as a gold mining camp. Now it is situated in the Tuolumne County in California's Gold country. Also the city happens to be the county seat of Tuolumne County. Sonora is the only incorporated community in the Tuolumne County.
1. Columbia and Railway town 1897: this is located very close to the city of Sonora. It is only a short drive away and is a must see for everyone who is visiting the city of Sonora.
2. Central Sierra Arts Council and the other art Studios: these studios feature the brilliant and exceptional works of local artists. Visitors can enjoy live theatre and year round events and festivals in Sonora, popularly known as the regional center for arts and entertainment.
3. Dragoon Gulch Trail: to enjoy the natural beauty of Sonora which changes with every changing season one must definitely hike the Dragon Gulch Trail. The trail allows the visitors to experience the beautiful oak woodlands surrounding the city. The visitors can also engage in other outdoor activities like skiing, hiking, swimming, and horseback riding.
4. Woods creek Rotary Park: this is a picnic area lined with elms and a year round creek is a great place for any occasion. The park also has a small play ground for kids, BBQ pits and small tables for entertaining.
5. The Prospector Park: this park is situated off the Bradford Street and it has a unique collection of historic mining equipment. Perfect for history enthusiasts or those interested in the Gold rush.