Waterbury Car Rental Comparison
Did you know that, originally, Waterbury was called Mattatock which means a place without trees? It compensates for its lack of natural wonders with manmade wonders.
Best way to travel: Car
#1 thing to do: Chief Two Moon Laboratory
#2 thing to do: Cass Gilbert Historic District
#3 thing to do: Mattatuck Museum
Fun Fact: Waterbury adapted the nickname the "Brass City" and their motto is Quid Aere Perennius? ("What Is More Lasting Than Brass?"), which echoes the Latin of Horace's Ode 3.30.
#1 Car Rental Company: Avis
5 Things You Must Do in Waterbury
Waterbury City is situated in New Haven County, Connecticut. It is just 53 km southwest of Hartford located at Naugatuck River. Waterbury in its previous days captivated immense industrial interests. In fact, it was the prime center of the US, in terms of Brassware manufacturing. This city is hence nicknamed as the Brass City. Landmarks of Waterbury are:
1. Mattatuck Museum: This museum is the sole museum of Connecticut devoted to assembling and displaying sculptors and artists of Connecticut. The ground floor gallery unveils the Waterbury history.
2. Palace Theater – Paradise for Movie Lovers: It was originally inaugurated in the year 1922. Since that time, the Palace Theater has housed various vaudeville shows and movies. It was closed for a brief period, but again reopened. It continues to operate for the cinema enthusiast.
3. Amazing Union State Clocktower: The clocktower height is approximately 240 feet, and it incorporates 318 steps. This clock was designed by Seth Thomas Co. and gives an encounter with the clocks displaying Roman Numerals. Union Station at present, houses the Republican American newspaper that caters to more than 120,000 ratifiers residing in the Greater Waterbury area.
4. Statue admirers visit Christopher Columbus Statue: This amazing piece of art is sculpted by Frank C Gaylord. This is a giant 12 foot statue of Christopher Columbus made from granite. The statue stands just facing the city hall.
5. Minicucci's Men's Clothing Store– Shopper's Paradise: This is perhaps the best store of Waterbury founded somewhere in the beginning of 1900's. It offers the most unique designs of clothing for men.