Fly High With the Best Deals on Wichita Car Rental
Here are some trivia tidbits about Wichita, Kansas!
Did You Know... That Wichita is a cultural come-together that offers exciting nightlife, delicious food, shopping centers, worldly museums, and calming parks? Wichita has it all!
Best way to travel: Car, Train, Bus, Bicycle
#1 thing to do: Wichita Art Museum
#2 thing to do: Music Theatre of Wichita
#3 thing to do: Sedgwick County Zoo
Fun Fact: Wichita had quite the reputation back in the day! In between the 1920's and the 1930's, big names and great men like Clyde Cessna and Walter Beech worked hard to earn Wichita its title as “Air Capital of the World”.
#1 Car Rental Company: Enterprise
Here are some great attractions in Wichita you should know about!
Hop in your rental car and drive over to Exploration Place on the scenic river of Arkansas in Wichita where kids of all ages can explore 4 hands-on exhibits such as medieval life in a 3-story castle and a new exhibit that features the art and technology of animatronics!
Drive on over in your rental car to the Diamond W. Chuckwagon Supper at the Old Cowtown Museum in Wichita! When you hear the supper bell, don't miss your chance to chow down with the Diamond W. Wranglers who will provide western musical entertainment while you dine!
Take a drive over to the Vagabond in Witchita for some great spirits, coffees, and a lovely light menu. Bring your laptop! The Vagabond offers free wireless internet!
Drive over to the America's Pub in the heart of Old Town. They are the heart of the entertainment in this district rockin' the Air Capital since 1995. This is a high energy party club so make sure you wear your dancing shoes and are ready to party!
5 Things You Must Do in Wichita
The largest city in Kansas, this Midwestern city is known as the Air Capital of America. A lovely city in south central Kansas, it boasts more than 250 days of sunshine per year and is a historic place to understand the old Midwest. Here are five things you must do in Wichita.
1. Take a trolley tour of historic “River City”: Trolleys operate beginning in the Old Town Square and take you back in time to the days of Wyatt Earp and the old Midwest. Visit Wichita's most historic neighborhoods and establishments.
2. Smell the Flowers at Botanica, The Wichita Gardens: Just stroll around the grounds of this garden in the city or catch one of their demonstrations, such as the Iris Show, their Daylily Sale or their children's programs.
3. Tour a replica Indian village at the Mid America All Indian Center: As the Midwest was home to numerous Native American Tribes, Wichita offers a view into what life was like back in time in a replica Indian village.
4. Visit the Old Cowtown Museum: A salute to the 1800s, when much of the area was prairie land, this museum offers guided tours and helps you understand 19th Century life in this part of the US.
5. Play a round of golf at the Auburn Hills Golf Course: One of several public golf courses in the area, golf enthusiasts can take in a round of golf on meticulously groomed greens. Have a snack in the clubhouse.
Need to rent a car in Wichita, Kansas?
Wichita is the biggest city in Kansas with over 380 thousand residents. Over 250 thousand more people live in this city's metropolitan area, located on the Arkansas River in south-central Kansas. MSN Real Estate named Wichita one of the 9 most affordable U.S. cities to live in for 2008.
Wichita is located on the historic Chisholm Trail, one of the Midwest's most famous routes for driving cattle herds north, from which they would be shipped East by railroad. Wichita also has a history of aircraft manufacturing, with Cessna Aircraft Co., Beechcraft, Learjet and Spirit AeroSystems (a Boeing supplier) headquartered in this city. It's estimated that 1/4 of a million airplanes have been built in Wichita since 1916!
Why book with us?
The benefits of having a rental car in Wichita are numerous… Whether you're traveling here on a business trip, in town on a vacation, or simply need a cheap car rental while yours is in the shop, VroomVroomVroom can help you find the lowest rates on rental cars anywhere in Wichita and its surrounding area.
When you book a rental car with us, you can be confident that you've compared prices from all the major car rental companies, and you've also seen every vehicle that will be available in Wichita for the days you have requested. If you need help, our friendly, helpful and knowledgeable customer service team is able to assist you in any way you need. When your booking is complete, you'll receive a confirmation by email instantly, and that's all you'll need to reserve now, and to pick up later!