Top 5 Things to Do in Colmar in a Car Rental
Colmar is located in the metro area of Philadelphia, in Montgomery County. The town falls in the Eastern Standard time zone and is at an elevation of 315ft. There are a number of natural parks and heritage sites here.
Five things to do in Colmar:
1. Visit Fonthill Museum: Fonthill Museum is situated on Court Street and was constructed by Henry Mercer, between 1908-1912. The museum, which takes the form of a concrete castle, has 44 rooms, 18 fireplaces and more than 200 windows.
2. Visit Cliveden: Cliveden is an historical site, situated on Germantown Ave. It is the country estate of Benjamin Chew, who was the attorney general of Pennsylvania. The estate is also the site of the Battle of Germantown, which was fought in October 1777.
3. Visit Bulls Island Natural Area: The 24 acre, Bulls Island Natural area, is situated on a beautiful island, surrounded by the Delaware River and the Delaware and Raritan Canal. This is a beautiful, scenic, location for enjoying camping and walking.
4. Visit Valley Forge National Historical Park: The Valley Forge National Historical Park was the site of the Continental Army encampment during the period 1777 to1778. The troops who were based here endured a terrible winter and more than 2,000 of them died due to hunger, shortages of clothing and shelter and lack of basic equipment.
5. Visit Mennonite Heritage Center: The Mennonite Heritage Center, on Yoder Road, displays the complete story of the Mennonite faith and way of life in this area of southeast Pennsylvania.