Akron Canton Airport is located in the state of Ohio, more exactly in the city Green. The fact that Akron Canton Airport is only 10 miles away from Akron (the main city of the region) has increased its popularity significantly. Since its establishment, in 1946, Akron Canton Airport developed hugely. Now, more than 122.000 aircraft operations are being performed here on a daily basis. According to a 2005 statistic, nearly 1.5 million passengers are flying through Akron Canton Airport every year, which is three times more than 10 years earlier. This is because Akron Canton Airport serves both the Akron Canton and the Cleveland areas, so the traffic is constantly rising.
Akron Canton Airport has an excellent marketing line, which appeals to people everywhere: 'A better way to go'. No wonder, thus, than when they want to visit the beautiful attractions in the region, people choose to land on Akron Canton Airport. Among the main airlines operating at Akron Canton Airport we can recall Delta Air Lines, AirTran Airways and United Express. Akron Canton Airport provides many facilities, especially transportation options, for you to reach your destination by your preferred means of transport.
Akron-canton is a regional airport serving two cities in Ohio, Akron and Canton. The two cities are considered as twin cities and have many places (like its airport named after both of them). The city has many 'First's to boast of like First balloon tire, first toy company, first meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous.
Akron Civic Theatre is a beautiful historical building, located in the city Akron. Besides the beautiful architectural style, you will also get the chance to admire a variety of performances, musicals, dance recitals and plays.
Akron Art Museum dates back to 1922, and since then, it has been considered the cultural core of Akron. Now, the building is highly modernized, and it includes a wide array of collections and exhibitions, even temporary ones.
Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens is one of the most impressive properties in the country, spanning on no less than 70 acres. It is also the seventh largest house in the United States, so it is obvious that it is worth seeing. This historical building was completed in 1915 and it is surrounded by spectacular gardens, that will take your breath away.
1. Visit the Akron art museum: Started in 1922, the museum is the only place where artist William Sommers, the regions most important historical artist, is permanently displayed. It also has works of artists from 1859 to present day.
2. Visit the National Inventors Hall of Fame: Visit this museum in Akron in honor of the inventors whose invention has touched thousand of people.
3. Learn about our First Ladies: Our First Ladies had their part in the history of our country and if you want to know more about them, then you must visit National First Ladies Library in Canton. Here you will see exhibits from the white house and learn unknown facts about these great ladies.
4. Spend a day in Akron Zoo: Visit the Akron Zoo which is one of the 214 members of AZA and permitted to breed endangered animals. It has more than 700 animals including endangered ones like Komodo dragon, Sumatran Tiger, snow leopards, etc.
5. Learn about the history of professional football: Professional football was born in the city of Canton when the American Professional Football Association was formed in 1920 here. The first pro football team The canton Bulldogs were also from this city. So no wonder that the Pro Football Hall of Fame is situated here in canton.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Akron Canton. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Akron Canton||Directions to Akron Canton||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|