Alcoa Car Rental Comparison
Alcoa is a city located in the Blount County, south of Knoxville, in Tennessee. Alcoa has about 8000 residents and its name comes from the word aluminium. Actually, Alcoa is the home of a big aluminium smelting factory, property of Alcoa corporation, which gave the town its name in 1919. Its previous name was North Maryville. An essential part of Alcoa are public parks, the city having 1 acre of park land for every 100 residents. If you plan to visit this interesting city in Tennessee, pick your favorite attractions.
Top attractions within Alcoa
Green Meadow Country Club is a golf course in Alcoa with a total of 18 holes on its perimeter. If you are not a golf aficionado and you have no idea how to play this game, try some lessons with the experts of the country club. Or if you are not in the mood for lessons, try the mini golf, easy and fun.
New Providence Presbyterian Church is great to visit not necessarily for religious reasons, but because the building was first raised in 1792 in Alcoa and its bricks were replaced in 1858 with the bricks from another church from outside the town. The church has its own cemetery, where 13 heroes of the Revolution and War of 1812 are buried, but since 1905, the burials are prohibited here.
Royal Flower Gallery is a gallery resembling a museum of flowers. You can see here collections of flowers from all over the world and exhibits you would not have expected to find in this little city of Alcoa in Tennessee. If you love plants and you like to care for flowers, you can find here lots of ideas of arrangements, you can ask for advice from botanical specialists and you can also buy cheap merchandise like soil for plants or flower decorations from the shop inside the Royal Flower Gallery.
5 Things You Must Do in Alcoa
Alcoa is situated in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains Tennessee. The city is named after the Alcoa Corporation. It was formerly known as North Maryville and incorporated as Alcoa in 1918.
1. Hike in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park: The Park in only 30 minutes from the city and offers a host of activities for your family. You can hike, do horse riding, fish and watch the native plants, wildlife and marvel at the natural beauty of the area.
2. Go play golf: There are many golf clubs around the city where you can spend a relaxing time playing your favorite sport. Royal Oaks Golf and Country club in Legends Way is on of the many public golf courses that Alcoa has to offer.
3. Visit Fort Loudon-Tellico Lake: Visit the place just outside Alcoa for fishing, boating, waterskiing, jet skiing and other host of activities for you and your family.
4. Enjoy biking in Alcoa-Maryville Greenway: If you like to bike or love to spend time walking your pet, then you must visit this beautifully kept Greenway. It has over 15 miles of paved pathway winding between the cities of Alcoa and Maryville.
5. Learn and honor the greatest Women Basketball player: In the Women's Basketball hall of Fame, located near Alcoa, you learn the past and the present of the game along with interesting exhibited items like the first pair of shoe to be named after a female athlete.