Book and Get a Budget-Friendly Car Rental in Alexandria
Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National provide rental cars in Alexandria, and we compare them all right here on our site! We're the easiest site to use to compare their prices and book your rental. Alexandria is a city of about 150 thousand residents, located on the west bank of the Potomac River in Virginia. VroomVroomVroom can help you find the rock bottom price on car rental in Alexandria and other Washington-area locations, because our focus on rental car price comparison is second to none! For example, you might also want to check car rental rates in nearby Oxon Hill, since it's only a 5-minute drive east across the Potomac in Maryland!
Why book a car rental with us?
People book with us every day because we are the experts in booking car rental, and our easy-to-navigate system will let you find a vehicle that you want to rent in the location you will be visiting with speed, accuracy and best price that will leave you smiling!
Other benefits of booking at VroomVroomVroom include:
- No booking and modification fees. You can also cancel for free as long as you do it 48 hours prior your pickup.
- The benefits of booking with us include our Price Promise.
- When you compare and save on car rental, you save money and time – and everyone loves saving those!
Driving tips in Alexandria
Alexandria is about six miles south of downtown Washington, D.C., and like most of Northern Virginia, it's a city filled by federal employees, members of the U.S. armed forces and their families, and private contractors who work with the federal government. In fact, the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office are two of this city's biggest employers. If you're in Alexandria for business, perhaps you need your car rental to get back and forth between the hotel and your appointments. But it's also a great way to spend some free time visiting Alexandria's great restaurants, and seeing the awesome national monuments that dot the landscape of our nation's capital – just a short drive in your car rental to any of them!When in Alexandria, you're definitely advised to take your car rental and drive over to Old Town, which is the city's historic center. It's full of theaters, small shops (especially antique stores and boutiques), and restaurants. As a major tourism attraction, Old Town is a great district where you can park the car rental and walk around for an hour or two! You can check out the 18th century architecture, cool landmarks like Gadsby's Tavern and the Lee-Fendall House, visit the farmer's market (held Saturday mornings on Market Square), watch a street performer, or even take a cruise on the Potomac on a river boat!
5 Things You Must Do in Alexandria
1. Alexandria Black History Museum- At one time Alexandria had a segregated black library on Wythe Street. Now it is the Alexandria Black History Museum. 'Securing the blessing of liberty is an exhibit to be seen.
2. The Atheneum in Prince Street is where Robert E. Lee did his banking. It's an art gallery these days. It is being fully renovated in 2007 so have a good look round this autumn and find their program of events on the web site at http://www.nvfaa.org/calendarofevents.html
3. Christ Church on N.Washington St is where Washington and Lee worshipped. As well of course as normal services there are tours 9am to 4pm from Monday to Saturday.
4. The Torpedo Factory Art Center now has 82 working artists studios as well as galleries. So instead of just seeing art on walls you can see it being created, and of course, buy the works that you want.
5. Dinner and a Tournament- For a truly unique experience visit Medieval Times, Arundel Mills Circle, Hanover for dinner and a tournament. There can't be many of those going on in North America.