Did you know that Alhambra got its name after Washington Irving's book “Tales of the Alhambra”?
Best Way to Travel: Car
#1 Thing to do: China Discovery-Ritz Tour
#2 Thing to do: The Lizard Theater Company
#3 Thing to do: Renaissance Plaza
Fun Fact: The Serbian Orthodox Diocese of Western America's headquarters is located in Alhambra
#1 Car Rental Company: Avis
Alhambra in California was named after the story “The Tales of the Alhambra” by Washington Irving. It had a strong Spanish influence before but now the city is made of a mix of ethnicity.
1. Have a picnic in the Alhambra Park: An open grass area, it is a great site for an outdoor picnic, barbecue, tennis match, volleyball game, a swim and many other activities with nominal fees.
2. Visit the Alhambra Historical Museum: Maintained by the Alhambra Historical society, the museum aims to preserve and promote the history of the town and the people who have made the town proud. It charges no admission fee, but contributions and donations are welcomed.
3. Tee off at Alhambra Golf Course: The golf course has a very unique course as the design is very uncommon. It challenges even seasoned players but side by side offers budding players a place to sharpen their game. With a great restaurant and night lit facility the place makes a great place to visit.
4. See Art and History meet in Shorb garden: The garden have murals and sculptures of two leading artists of Alcoa, Art Mortimer and Victor Amor. The murals and sculptures depict the life and works of Shorb, a prominent citizen in the history of Alhambra.
5. See the Lunar New Year festival: Don't miss the ushering of the New Year by the large Chinese population in Alhambra (held jointly with San Gabriel) in the annual San Gabriel Lunar New Year Parade.
It's easier to see the sights with a quality car to get you there. Book a cheap hire car for Alhambra and save your time and money.