Prices to beat at Allentown Car Rental
5 Things You Must Do in Allentown
Allentown established in 1735 led a pioneer role in the development of American industry. “Liberty Bell” was hidden here for a time being during the War of independence.
1. Have a blast in Dorney Park and Wild Water Kingdom: The Dorney Park and Wild Water Kingdom is a great place to spend a whole day with your family. With great rides, affordable prices and host of facilities (like stroller and wheelchair on rent); this is one place not to be missed.
2. Allentown Art Museum: Started in the depression era, 1934, by Walter Emerson Baum, this museum showcases European, American and varied items like textile, print and drawing. The entrance fee is between $6 to $3. There is no fee on Sunday and the museum remains closed on Monday. An audio tour is included in the entrance fee.
3. Liberty Bell Shrine: Don't miss the Zion United Church of Christ where the Liberty Bell was hidden during the civil war. The bell was hidden below the floor board of the church and stayed there till t1778 and then moved to its original home. The church is now a museum.
4. Museum of Indian culture: Learn about the people who inhabited this land in the beginning. See how they lived, learn about their culture and walk in their trails which are now declared Delaware and Leigh Heritage corridor.
5. Have a blast in Hamilton Street: Hamilton Street has a number of Bars and Nightclubs to choose for a night out in the city.