Located near Boston, Allston is the only city to be named after an artist Washington Allston. Generally referred together with Brighton, the city has a huge student population thanks to Boston College and university. Meanwhile, did you know that Allston was named after the American painter and poet Washington Allston?
Fun things to do in Allston
1. Visit the artist loft: Behind Cambridge Street, there is a thriving artist community with artist studio, sound studio and a fantastic zone for artists to live and showcase their works.
2. Soak in the nightlife: Thanks to the bristling student community, Allston has a great night life, so much so that the city is known as Allston Rock City. Visit the Harvard Avenue and see the town come to life after the sunset. With so many bars and pubs to choose from, there will be no boring time here in Allston.
3. Catch a show in Great Scott: Located in Commonwealth Avenue, near the intersection of Harvard Avenue, it is the premier place for a night of good music and drinks. They showcase upcoming bands as well as established players. All kinds of music are played here and the bar also stocks beers and drinks to please all kinds of patrons.
4. Visit Brigton – Allston Heritage Museum: This museum was established in February 2007 to mark the bicentennial celebration of the city and dedicated to the history of the cities and their growth.
5. Visit the House of Blues: In the nearby Cambridge lies the original House of Blues where the blues masters can be heard again while going through the museum dedicated to them.