Alpharetta is a suburb of Atlanta, located just north of Georgia's largest city, and is home to about 60,000 people. Its population has been booming, as there was an increase of almost 70% from 2000 to 2011 as the population boomed from around 35 thousand to almost 60 thousand! And there are now over 3600 businesses in the city! A lot of this rapid growth is attributed to the city becoming a more prominent suburb of Atlanta – there were only 3 thousand people in this town 35 years ago!
What all this means for visitors is that the city of Alpharetta copes with some infrastructure strains, and you'll be glad to have your own car rental, allowing you to zip around Alpharetta's highways and get to wherever you want to go, without waiting for public transportation or a taxi!
When you need a car rental in Alpharetta or anywhere in the Southeastern U.S.A., remember that our wonderful system and great customer care team at VroomVroomVroom can help you compare rates and find the best deals on car rental anywhere! Avis, Enterprise Car Rental, and Hertz provide rental cars in Alpharetta, and we compare all rates from all of these companies right here!
Alpharetta is a city in Fulton County, Georgia, and is a suburban area to the North of Atlanta. The population of Alpharetta has reached more than 57 thousand people and continues to grow as do the other cities in Atlanta's suburbs. It's said that the population nearly doubles during the week, as many people commute to Alpharetta for work in one of its nearly 36 hundred businesses of various sizes.
If you're on a business trip to Alpharetta or just vacationing with family, you'll certainly want to use your affordable car rental to see some of the sights and have a nice meal or two! Drive your car rental over to the Alpharetta Arboretum at Wills Park. Established just 5 years ago, this nice little Arboretum has 26 trees, and you can go on a walking tour to learn about them using a free brochure provided by the Downtown Alpharetta Welcome Center. Also downtown on Saturday mornings, visit the Alpharetta Farmers Market and take home fresh vegetables, jams and jellies… just pack up the trunk of your car rental with these delicious treats and take them home as gifts for friends and family… or for your stomach!In the Summers you can catch the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra in concert, or buy tickets for major recording artists such as the Eagles, Rod Stewart and Dave Matthews Band – they've all played Alpharetta at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, the very cool outdoor venue at Alpharetta's Encore Park! Or for a quiet night with your spouse or other loved ones, drive your car rental to one of the city's amazing restaurants. Alpharetta has at least two great Italian restaurants: Try the cuisine at Casa Nuova Italian Restaurant, and drive the rental car over to Zola Italian Bistro and try their pizza! If steaks sound more appealing to you, you'll love Pampas Steakhouse, an Argentinean-style steak restaurant that is another top-ranked fine dining choice in Alpharetta!
The Alpharetta Arboretums are two designated spaces for the growth of trees. One is located in Wills Park and one in Cogburn Road Park. These locations are very interesting due to the unique kinds of trees growing here. Both arboretums make for good educational visits on your trip to Alpharetta, because children and adults alike can learn more about trees -- and about biology in general.
The DowntownAlpharetta Historic District is the center of the city and is filled with many historical buildings of great architectural value. Walking around the downtown district is definitely something you should do on your trip, because there are so many unique buildings and monuments to see. In addition to this, the streets are flanked with shops and restaurants of all kinds, where people can have nice meals, or enjoy shopping trips for various clothing, crafts, antiques and souvenirs.
The Milton Log Cabin has great historical value for Alpharetta, because it was built by local community students in the 1930s. Nowadays, tourists visit it to learn and experience what life was like in 19th century Georgia, as the cabin was preserved to show all activities of past life. In order to visit the Milton Log Cabin, guided tours (booked prior to your arrival) are mandatory for all groups.
Alpharetta is a great community city to visit all year round. Although prosperous in both small business and large industry, it has still managed to place tourist accents on all the venues of interest, especially to keep the old town center in perfect shape, so that visitors may enjoy a trip through historic and beautiful Alpharetta!
Alpharetta is a town in Georgia located near a spring. Originally a campground called “New Prospectus Campground” the city was chartered in 1858. Located near Atlanta, the city has offices of leading business groups like Hewlett-Packard, IBM, AT&T, etc.
1. Visit Wills Park: Located in Old Milton Parkway, this park has 8 baseball fields, 4 picnic pavilions, disc golf course, Wacky World Playground, tennis court and many more facilities. It is open from 8:30 am to 9 p.m. (except on Friday and Saturday)
2. Walk through the Big Creek Greenway: This concrete pathway meander through the deciduous woods near Big Creek and an ideal place to walk, jog or roller blade. There is also a Dirt Mountain Bike trail alongside for the adventurous ones.
3. Visit the Mansell House: Visit this historic Mansell House and Garden to learn more about Alpharetta's History. The house is an 1810 Victorian home that has been beautifully preserved and tours are available on Monday, Tuesday and Friday free of charge.
4. Have a great time skating: Go for figure skating, ice hockey, roller hockey, public skating and other host of activities in The Cooler Family Skate Center located in Davis Drive.
5. Shop in the North Point Mall: A new attraction of Alpharetta, this mall has plenty of services and facilities to choose from. Apart from a number of shops and restaurants, the mall has ATM, Children Play Area, Cop/Fax services, High Speed Internet Access, Personal shopper, stroller rentals and others.