Altamonte Springs Car Rental Comparison: Top-quality cars for low prices
Did you know that over the past years, Altamonte Springs has played host city to many events in Orlando such as the annual Red, Hot & Boom firework festival for Independence Day and it's proudly known as Central Florida's biggest celebrator.
Best way to travel: Car, Bus
#1 thing to do: Lake Lotus Nature Park
#2 thing to do: Hermits Trail
#3 thing to do: Merrill Park
Fun Fact: Did you know that Altamonte is a Spanish word that means “high hill”?
#1 Car Rental Company: Avis
5 Things You Must do in Altamonte Springs
Altamonte Springs meaning “high hills” in Spanish has been a tourist destination since the 1800's. The many spring fed lakes and sand hills made Altamonte the perfect place to rest and recuperate. It now houses the largest retail center in Florida and also has large office projects. The new Uptown Altamonte is the central business district of the city.
1. Visit Audubon Center for Birds of Prey: Along the shores of Lake Sybelia, this center houses twenty one different birds of prey that include eagles, hawk, vultures, etc. visitors can stroll in walkways, visit sick birds in Avery or watch the interactive exhibits.
2. Do some fishing in Lake Lotus Nature Park: Lake Lotus Nature Park is the place to go for some fishing, walking and bird watching. With picnic pavilions and playground areas, this park which opened in 1996, draws many visitors every day.
3. Have a picnic in hermit's Trail and Turnbull Avenue: These two parks are perfect for a nice family picnic as they offer picnic pavilions, passive recreational devices and an equipped playground.
4. Do some bird watching in Cranes Roost: The newest park of Altamonte Springs have a thirty seven acre lake inside it and boardwalks around the lake. The place has many species of birds to watch out for and the lake has many kinds of fish for fishing expeditions.
5. Boat in Lake Orienta: This scenic lake offers great boating, fishing, skiing and other water sports facility in its 135 acres area.