1. Watch the butterflies in Reiman Garden: The horticulture wing of Iowa State University, it has an amazing collection of butterflies and roses. There is a guided tour available with charges being $10 per adult. The garden is open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and the garden railroads are operational in weekends only.
2. Play Golf in the Veenker Memorial Golf Course: Owned and operated by a wing of Iowa state university, this golf course is a very challenging course.
3. Visit the Iowa State University: This premier university is also the site for many interesting buildings. Among them Marston Water Tower is registered in the 'National Register of Historical Places'. The central campus is listed as a 'medallion site' in the 'American Society of Landscape Architectures'.
4. Visit the Brunnier Art Museum: Visit the Brunnier Art Museum located in the Iowa state university. There is a decorative art collection and a gift store.
5. Catch a game in the Jack Trice Stadium: Home field of the Iowa state university, the stadium can accommodate about 55,000 people. Originally named Cyclone stadium, it was later changed to Jack Trice stadium to honor the memory of Jack Trice, the first African-American player of ISU and also its first sports related fatality.