Annapolis Car Rental Comparison: Save Time and Save Money
Travel in style and compare the cheapest rental car in Annapolis
Top Attractions within Annapolis
Sandy Point State Park is a spot that should not be missed from your route to Annapolis. Here you will be able to enjoy all kind of exciting activities, including swimming, fishing, boating and windsurfing. Within the park you will also have the possibility to enjoy relaxing picnics.
Hammond-Harwood and William Paca Houses are some of the most interesting and popular historical homes that can be visited in Annapolis. Hammond-Harwood House was designed by famous architects in the 1770s, and its colonial architecture extremely well preserved by this building is definitely going to impress all visitors. On the other hand, William Paca House was built in the 18th century, between 1763 and 1765, in a Georgian style. The architect of the building was William Paca himself. The building, the summer house and the beautiful garden surrounding it are a National Historic Landmark. Currently, both buildings are opened to public for visits.
5 Things You Must Do in Annapolis
Some of the countries finest 17th and 18th century buildings are to be found in Annapolis, founded in 1659, yet still alive and kicking.
1. Visit Chesapeake Bay- Take a boat trip in Chesapeake bay, the nation's largest estuary, whether it's a fishing trip you want, including of course hand line crabbing. You can also take a nature cruise or a midnight sail.
2. Check out Deal Island- which likes to describe itself as a place that time forgot. See the locals land their catches including the famous Chesapeake crabs and oysters.
3. Take a Walk Through Time- Annapolis was at one time the capital of the United States so take a walk where Washington walked. You can find the homes of all four Maryland signers of the Declaration of Independence
4. The Beautiful Harbor- Wander down to the harbour and enjoy watching the sail boats while enjoying a cool drink.
5. See the Kunte-Kinte-Alex Foley Foundation- You shouldn't miss the Kunte-Kinte- Alex Haley Foundation at the head of the harbor. Apart from the importance of acknowledging the impact Afro-Americans have made, you might get on the live web-cam.