Situated near Minneapolis, the city is the home of Minneapolis zoo. It was before known as Lebanon Township and has been incorporate only in 1969.
1. Visit the Minneapolis Zoo: one of the topmost zoos in America, the zoo has many shows and a host of different endangered animals. It is open year round and has a Dolphin Show, World of Bird Show, Tiger lair, and much more. There is also a train to take you throughout the zoo. There is an IMAX theatre attached to the zoo to catch some great wildlife films.
2. Splash in the Apple Valley Aquatic Center: spend a great day with the whole family in the Apple Valley Aquatic center. There are features like zero depth entry, 1 meter diving board, picnic areas, sand volleyball courts and places to catch some sun.
3. Hike in the Lebanon Hills Wilderness Park: this scenic 2,000 acres wilderness park provides a great venue for hiking, trailing, skiing in the winter and also kayaking in the many lakes that dot the area.
4. Play Golf in the Valleywood Golf Course: A pristine rolling hills and ponds filled golf course, it is bound to surprise anyone who plays here. The fees are affordable and the course challenging.
5. Visit the nearby Underwater Adventure Aquarium: Located in the Mall of America, this underwater aquarium is the world's largest underground aquarium. There is many big and small sea creatures to see plus a petting pool for the youngsters.