Apple Valley Car Rental Comparison
Top Attractions within Apple Valley
The Minnesota Zoo was opened in 1978 and it is the most important attraction for visitors to Apple Valley. The zoo has specific exhibits in grouped designated areas, named according to species of animals or to the habitat: the Russia Grizzly Coast, the Discovery Bay (incorporating the aquarium), the Northern Trail, the Wells Fargo Family Farm, the Tropics Trail and the Medtronic Minnesota Trail. All these specialized grounds offer guided tours and fun-filled activities for children. The Minnesota Zoo is a place you must visit when you come to Apple Valley, because you will see a wide variation of wildlife species in natural habitats, that you could only see on television.
The Valleywood Golf Course is located on a 190 acres surface right outside of Apple Valley. It is the most reputed and professional golf course in the Minneapolis region. It is set up to be resembling a true gentlemen country club, but it is actually easily accessible to everyone. Here people can enjoy an entire day of playing golf, as well as having a meal or a drink in the designated establishments, without having to leave Apple Valley.
The Family Aquatic Center is the largest swimming pool center near Minneapolis and Apple Valley. There is a modest entry free, both for adults and children, which covers all the access to all the facilities inside. It is a venue to be used all year round, because it has both indoor and outdoor swimming pools. The two outdoor pools are very big and have two unique shapes – one is designed to lower in depth as you approach the larger side, the other one features a water slide as a top and continues with a swirl like form.
5 Things You Must Do in Apple Valley
Situated near Minneapolis, the city is the home of Minneapolis zoo. It was before known as Lebanon Township and has been incorporate only in 1969.
1. Visit the Minneapolis Zoo: one of the topmost zoos in America, the zoo has many shows and a host of different endangered animals. It is open year round and has a Dolphin Show, World of Bird Show, Tiger lair, and much more. There is also a train to take you throughout the zoo. There is an IMAX theatre attached to the zoo to catch some great wildlife films.
2. Splash in the Apple Valley Aquatic Center: spend a great day with the whole family in the Apple Valley Aquatic center. There are features like zero depth entry, 1 meter diving board, picnic areas, sand volleyball courts and places to catch some sun.
3. Hike in the Lebanon Hills Wilderness Park: this scenic 2,000 acres wilderness park provides a great venue for hiking, trailing, skiing in the winter and also kayaking in the many lakes that dot the area.
4. Play Golf in the Valleywood Golf Course: A pristine rolling hills and ponds filled golf course, it is bound to surprise anyone who plays here. The fees are affordable and the course challenging.
5. Visit the nearby Underwater Adventure Aquarium: Located in the Mall of America, this underwater aquarium is the world's largest underground aquarium. There is many big and small sea creatures to see plus a petting pool for the youngsters.