Augusta Car Rental Comparison
Did you know that Augusta hosts The Masters Tournament during spring.
Best Way toTravel: Car
#1 Thing to do: Riverwalk
#2 Thing to do: Morris Museum of Art
#3 Thing to do: The Country Club Dance Hall & Saloon
Fun Fact: Augusta is the hometown of the singer James Brown
#1 Car Rental Company: Thrifty
5 Things You Must Do In Augusta
Nowadays we associate the city with golf of course, but in earlier times cotton was king. Augusta has grown into a thriving place where one can find all kinds of things to keep yourself busy. Art, music, history, food, and whole lot more await you here...
1. Meet Jack Niklaus, or rather his statue, club high in the air at the 17th and almost ready to put on that 6th green jacket. You will find him jus t past the butterfly garden at the Augusta Golf and Gardens but there are 21 courses to choose from in this fair(way) city.
2. Morris Museum of Art- Don't miss the Morris Museum of Art on 10th Street. Not just a quiet place to spend an afternoon, but alive and buzzing- you can listen to music from southern Soul to Baroque, go to a lecture, watch a film of take a guided tour of the exhibits. And of course you can stop at the store just off the lobby for posters, jewellery and to buy books such as those about American artist Jonathon Green whose work is a feature of the museum.
3. National Science Museum- If you incline more to the sciences than the arts then the National Science Museum's Fort Discovery is the place to be. You'll find it on the Riverwalk. It has various galleries including one for the under 7's - whether they'll let you in if you appear without a child in tow I don't know. But there are some 250 interactive exhibits in 138,000 sq. feet so we can all learn something new.
4. Golf Golf Golf- Few people visit the city without being a bit interested in golf. Even if you aren't going to win the Open, you can get in the mood as well as buying all the right gear at ProGolf of Augusta on Bobby Jones' Expressway ( Where else would it be).
5. Check out the Cotton Patch- Back to the Riverwalk for the Cotton Patch where they say old friends meet and new friends are made. They also say 'Cold beer makers you smarter' and Karaoke usually sucks', - their words, not mine. Great live music every weekend. On the same subject, have you come across the 'Cottonpatch Bible? Find it online for an interesting slant on things.