Austin North is one of the districts of the city of Austin, located in Texas, United States. In fact, Austin is one of the most beautiful and largest cities in Texas, being the capital city of this US state. Austin also is the seat of Travis County. With a population of about 799.000 residents, Austin is not only one of the most important cities in Texas, but this also is the 14th most populous city of the United States. The city was first settled in 1835. Austin North has developed amazingly in the past three decades. Actually, Austin North is well known for its numerous employment opportunities and shopping centers, but also the wonderful restaurants that can be found here.
Top Attractions within Austin North
Deep Eddy Pool is a spot that tourists will be able to visit after arriving in Austin North and which should definitely be included into their itinerary. Not only that this is a historical venue, but Deep Eddy Pool also is the oldest man-made swimming pool in the area. It became a resort in the 1920s. Numerous swimming competitions are held here, but the pool also is a popular recreational spot for adults and children.
Hippie Hollow Park is one of the most amazing parks in Austin North. Next to Lake Travis, the Hippie Hallow Park has been a nude swimming spot for many years, but numerous improvements and changes have been made to the location, so and nowadays clothing is optional in the Hippie Hallow Park, while the park still remains restricted to people aged under 18.
Texas Memorial Museum is the place to visit if you are interested in the history of the city and its cultural venues. So, after arriving in Austin North, you will be able to plan a cultural day and visit the collections of Texas Memorial Museum, a location opened to public since 1939. More than 5.7 specimens are exhibited here.
Jack S. Blanton Museum Of Art displays numerous art collection and here tourists will be able to visit more than 18.000 art works, created by artists from Europe, United States, but also Latin America. The famous art museum first opened in 1963.