The city of Belmont is half way between San Jose and San Francisco. With a population of only 26,000 it is known for its open spaces and quiet residential areas, but there is more to it than that!
1. Great Food. First, find some delicious Californian food at the Farmer's Market, at the southern end of Caltrain parking lot from 9am till about 1pm on Sundays. You can get there with a car rental before you move on to your next attraction.
2. Check out the local art. Find 1870 Ralston Avenue for art exhibitions with a difference from 'Junk Reconsidered' to 'Delusions'.
3. Twin Pines Park Meadow. For free Summer film shows turn up at Twin Pines Park Meadow. They have different films on different nights in the warmer months, and you can call 650 595 7441 for more information.
4. Current Events. Contact the Parks and Recreation Dept to find out their program of events which recently included 'Dancing Under The Stars'.
5. Visit your first Cyclery. Go to California Sports and Cyclery, at 1464 El Camino Real, not just to buy your bike stuff, but to get expert advice, and get your bike fixed. This is a fantastic, old fashioned store to be treasured and used.
If you're touring around California, Belmont is probably one pit stop in many. You can't get around in spacious California without reliable transport, so consider renting a car to help you on your journey.