Located in Oregon, United States, Bend is a city and the county seat of Deschutes County. Bend is also the largest city in Oregon and a popular destination. Bend offers many recreational and outdoor activities that will ensure a great time while tourist will stay here. Bend became a city in 1905 and until then was crossing point. Regarding its economy, Bend has intense tourism policies that developed this city and made it an important holiday destination. In Bend, visitors will also find cultural attraction, so they will spend a great time here.
Top Attractions within Bend
BendFilm Festival is an annual event that began since 2004. It takes place in Bend, Oregon and there are also many events related to films.
The High Desert Museum was first opened in 1982 and houses cultural, art exhibits as well as wildlife resources. Visitors will find both indoor and outdoor exhibits, a cafe, a library and a desertarium. In this museum are over 18, 500 artifacts and many exhibits from the local culture, art and history. It will be an interesting experience visiting this attractions as people will have the opportunity to see many interesting and new things!
The Tower Theatre was built in 1940 and is also a historic building. Since its beginning, the theater has expanded and offers many live acts, films and houses several events. It is a perfect entertainment place for a nice evening spent with your family or friends!
The Cascade Lakes are located nearby Bend, in central Oregon and here tourists can enjoy fishing, snowmobile riding and hiking. It is a great spot for outdoor activities and for relaxing, too!
Mount Bachelor is a stratovolcano in the Cascade Volcanic Arc. Here operates a ski area and the entire resort is one of the biggest in the Pacific Northwest. It is a place where all tourists will experience a great time with their kids and families!
Prineville is a beautiful city located in central Oregon. It was established in 1877 by Barney Prine who was the first merchant of that region. The original plot of land for the city was filed by Monroe Hodges. As per the latest estimate, the population of the city was 9,990. It has various different places worth sightseeing such as Prineville Reservoir, Ochoco National Park, Painted Hills and Walton Lake. Listed below are some of the excellent lodging places in Prineville.
1. Prineville Reservoir: Mountain waters flow out of the Ochoco Mountain Range and joining together to form the Crooked River. This river, confined by its canyon and the Bowman Dam, forms Prineville Reservoir. The fishing can be good anytime at Prineville Reservoir. It supports trout, bass, catfish, crappie, and crayfish. You can fish for trout year-round and experience ice-fishing in the dead of winter.
2. Ochoco National Park: Alpine forests, lush meadows, sparkling lakes, scenic rivers, dense evergreen forests, and lava caves are all contained within the amazing snow capped peaks of the Cascade Mountain Range and the Ochoco National Park.
3. Painted Hills: Painted Hills offers 3,132 acres of scenic marvels unique even in the Pacific Northwest. The trails at the Painted Hills allow visitors to delve into the dramatic scenery. The colours of the Painted Hills are best seen in the late afternoon.
4. Walton Lake: Walton Lake is a small lake that is surrounded by old growth ponderosa pine and mountain meadows. There is good fishing here for most of the year. In the winter there is skiing and lots of snowmobile activity.
5. Meadow Lakes Golf Course:Meadow Lakes features a championship course it is set on the desert highlands of Central Oregon, with sparkling blue ponds and green meadows.