Boise Car Rental Comparison
Did you know that Boise is the third largest city in the American Pacific Northwest?
Best Way to Travel: Car
#1 Thing to do: Old Idaho Penitentiary
#2 Thing to do: Discovery Center of Idaho
#3 Thing to do: Kathryn Albertson Park
Fun Fact: The Boise Bench has an elevation of about 60 feet
#1 Car Rental Company: Boise Airport Car Rental Thrifty
Top 5 Things to Do in Boise
Boise is the capital of the state of Idaho and is amongst the most populated cities in the USA. The city is one of the finest tourist destinations in the world because of the number of recreational activities that can be enjoyed in the area. The city is also famous for offering opportunities to adventure lovers, with extensive hiking and biking, downhill skiing and snowboarding.
1. The Basque Museum and Cultural Center is actually two separate buildings, each of which offers a glimpse of the rich culture of Boise, with the Cultural Center being used for weddings and get-togethers. The Basque Museum remembers a Basque woman who emigrated from Idaho to live in Boise. The entire museum is dedicated to the life of this woman and includes photos of dance, sports and other cultural events.
2. Camel's Back Park is a tourist site, ideal for enjoying picnics. It derives its name from the hump-shaped hills that surround it.
3. Julia Davis Park is the perfect place for honeymooners. The park is dedicated to Julia Davis who was one of the first women to have died in the city. The park is completely covered with numerous varieties of roses, which, with their beautiful appearance and enchanting fragrance, results in a very romantic environment.
4. Zoo Boise is home to both local and more exotic animals and is the best place to come for close up encounters with wild creatures. The penguins, monkeys and butterflies are sure to keep your children occupied for the whole day.
5. Glen L. and Ruth Evans Gem and Mineral Collection features displays of many colorful rocks. It has a wide collection of gems and rocks, with exotic names like Tiger Eye and Bruneau Jasper.