Canton Car Rental Comparison: The Best Options, The Best Cars, The Best Rates
Canton is a charming town in the state of Ohio, approximately 97 km south of Cleveland. With a population reaching 73.007 residents, a wonderful holiday destination for family and friends, where you can relax and enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the surrounding area. The accommodation and the venues in Canton are diverse, for people all ages and tastes. Founded in 1805 on the west and Middle Branches of the Nimishillen Creek, it became a manufacturing center because of its numerous railroad centres. The city is famously known as the Hall of Fame city and is a perfect combination of historical sites and modern day culture.
Top Attractions Within Canton
The Canton Museum of Art is a broad-based community arts organization designed to encourage and promote the fine arts in the town. The Museum collection added to the local cultural heritage in two major ways, that is public exposure to the larger world of art and documentation of local art history. It is the perfect place for people who are interested in the history and the cultural heritage of Canton.
National First Ladies' Library serves as a unique national resource for patrons from school children to serious scholars. As a national archive devoted to educating people about the contributions of First Ladies and other notable women in history, the Library fills an informational void that has long frustrated academicians and historians alike.
The Canton Classic Car Museum was established in 1878 and it currently exhibits 45 rare and unusual classic and special interest automobiles. The gorgeous vehicles are complemented by the thousands of pieces of historical memorabilia displayed throughout the museum. The Canton Classic Car Museum has something for everybody.
5 Things You Must Do in Canton
1. Visit McKinley Memorial: The memorial is the last resting place of William McKinley, 25th President of United States. This landmark is famous due to the magnificent structure of the memorial here. Before its construction many designs were submitted, out of which the winning design became reality.
2. Visit First Ladies National Historic Site: This historical site is the well- preserved house of William McKinley's wife. The historical center houses a museum, an education center, a research center, and a gift shop. This is a place worth visiting.
3. Tour Canton Farmers Market: Farmers from around the Canton area gather and sell their produce and other agricultural products at this event. The market is sort of a gathering of people celebrating their harvest. Other than the agricultural items, events such as art classes and yoga classes also take place at the market.
4. Tour Football Hall of Fame Festival: This is a special event exclusively for a football lover that takes place in Canton. Various events such as parades, flights of hot air balloon, races, fireworks and concerts take place during this festival.
5. Visit Studio Art and Glass: This is a studio in Canton dedicated to glasswork and arts. You can see a variety of glass arts at this studio. The intricate color mixing and finesse is surely heart winning.