Did you know that Carle Place is an unincorporated area of the Town of North Hempstead?
Best Way to travel: Car
#1 Thing to do: Sam Ash
#2 Thing to do: Big Apple Museum Inc.
#3 Thing to do: Northern Neck Family YMCA
Fun Fact: Paralympic Wheelchair Basketball Player Steve Serio graduated from Carle Place High School in 2005.
#1 Car Rental Company: Avis
Carle Place is a small village or rather a hamlet in Nassau County. The hamlet is a part of North Hempstead town. Spread over a small area of about 2.4 sq. kms, it is a perfect venue for a leisure vacation. Minneola, Old Westbury, Garden City, and East Meadow surround the town.
Five things you must do in Carle Place.
1. Go Shopping: Carle Place is famous for its' shopping center. It is a 250, 000 sq. ft. wide open air shopping center. The center also houses three tall commercial towers, a movie theater, and an Inn.
2. Visit the Ainsley House: This is one of the heritage sites in Carle Place. The house was built in English Tudor style in the year 1930. It was originally built on Bascom and Hamilton Avenues and was later shifted to downtown. The house has been converted into a historical museum.
3. Visit the Carle Place Community Center: The center is situated on the northwest side of Carle Place and Winchester Avenues. The place is actually an old high school of Carle Place. The former school building houses a heritage theater which was once the school's auditorium.
4. Visit the Walton Art Glass Studio: This art gallery, run by artists, was opened in the year 1974. The gallery houses glass work which includes expensive and delicate pieces such as stained glass, beveled glass, Christmas jewellery and hand blown pumpkins.
5. Visit the Bruni Gallery: This is another art studio that is run and maintained by various artists in Carle Place. The Bruni Art studio features paintings of music and jazz greats.