Carmel is located in the Hamilton County of Indiana. As one of the highest growing communities, It has a population of over 88,000 people and was initially called Bethlehem by its original settlers after it was renamed as Carmel in 1874. It is also considered as one of the first cities to have automatic traffic signals in the United States in 1924.
The Carmel Monon Community Center is the largest recreational and leisure facility in Carmel. The venue has indoor and outdoor possibilities and it mainly functions as a water-based activities center and a fitness club. The swimming pools outside have water slides, drop slides and diving boards. There are also pools for children and for more professional swimmers. The inside is a state-of-the-art facility including swimming pools, fitness and aerobic areas and equipments, a children's playground and childcare establishment. There are also activity rooms and a banquet hall that can be rented out for organizing and hosting special events, such as corporate meetings, weddings and parties.
The Carmel Arts and Design District occupies a significant portion of the city and was established here due to the fact that the area is a massive magnet for cultural businesses and venues. For people interested in any kind of artistic manifestation, this is the place to be. There are galleries, small museums, cultural coffee shops and educational workshop establishments offering many programs, collections and exhibitions by local, national and international artists.
The Japanese Garden of Carmel was opened in 2007. In 2009 the garden was dedicated to the sister city of Kawachinagano, from Japan, to celebrate the 15 years of relationship between the two cities. People living or visiting in Carmel can take advantage of having an unique park and garden facility, with an extremely special international touch. The plants and trees to be admired in the Japanese Garden are very beautiful and colored, creating a landscaping jewelry for all to enjoy. In 2011, a Azumaya tea gazebo was added to the garden.
Carmel is one of the fastest growing cities in Indiana. It is located to the north of Indianapolis, in Hamilton County. The city has award winning schools, thriving businesses, and family-oriented neighborhoods.
1. Go for a Bicycle Ride: One can enjoy a bicycle ride through the heart of Carmel all the way to Broadripple. You can pedal the paved Monon Greenway on a comfortable bicycle or tandem. The facility provides free locks, helmets, and trail maps.
2. Check out Carmel and Clay Parks and Recreation: The recreation park has organized programs for all ages. At the Monon Center one can enjoy activities like dancing, arts, computer and educational programs, workshops and other such events.
3. Swim at the Aquatic Center: The Indoor and outdoor aquatic center provides a community pool, outdoor Aqua Park for families, and fabulous slides.
4. Shop at Carmel Farmers' Market: A weekly summer festival for meetings and socializing is organized at the market. This is one of the most popular markets in the city and allows you to enjoy a fun filled shopping experience.
5. Visit the Museum of Miniature Houses: The Museum is a non profit organization founded in 1991 by Suzanne Moffet, Suzanne Landshof, and Nancy Lesh. Your trip to Carmel would be incomplete without a visit to this museum. Modern and antique dollhouses, hand-crafted miniature art, miniature scenes, and collections of private non-miniature art are the main features of this museum. Children will also enjoy playing a game of Treasure-Hunt at the Museum.
Get to the nearest attractions within the city through a car for an unlimited road trip experience. Use VroomVroomVroom in comparing car rental deals in order to save time and money on your next visit. You can drive around 16 Parks that is situated in different locations within the area and enjoy recreational activities while surrounded by nature. Take a tour on latest events and activities that highlight their culture and city prosperity through their market's locally produced goods.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Carmel. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Carmel||Directions to Carmel||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|