Did you know that Carmichael was once part of the Rancho San Juan Mexican land grant?
Best Way to Travel: Car
#1 Thing to do: Effie Yeaw Nature Center
#2 Thing to do: Ancil Hoffman Golf Course
#3 Thing to do: Antiques Unlimited
Fun Fact: Matt Barnes, Los Angeles Lakers small forward graduated from Del Campo High School in Carmichael
#1 Car Rental Company: Enterprise
Carmichael is known as the jewel of Sacramento County. It is home to one of the only two regional branch libraries in the country. Many treasures are included in the community's riches.
1. Jensen Botanical Garden: This garden offers a variety of exotic flora and fauna which include rare hybrids of camellias, dogwood, azaleas, and rhododendrons. The Botanical Garden is open from 8 am to sunset.
2. Chautauqua Playhouse: Since 1985 this playhouse has been located in the La Sierra Community Center. The 95-seat theatre offers comedies, dramas, and musicals. It also houses a children's theater.
3. Ancil Hoffman Park: This 396 acre park is located on the north side of the American River, and offers a wide variety of recreational activities, including an 18-hole golf course. This golf course is one of the best public courses anywhere. This 85-acre nature study area is also for non-golfers who may enjoy the huge picnic area too. A major feature of this park is the Effie Yeaw Nature Center.
4. Carmichael Park: Five ball fields and 6 tennis courts can be found at this 38-acre park. One can enjoy the community clubhouse and see the Veteran's Memorial Building as well. One can also visit the Daniel Bishop Memorial Pavilion for the performing arts too.
5. American River Parkway: This 23-mile parkway runs along the American River through Sacramento County, in California. This parkway has smaller parks and boat launching points too. One can access this park by various exits off of Highway 50 in Sacramento County.