Castleton is a neighborhood around the southern terminus of Interstate 69, Indianapolis, Indiana. Castleton is a commercial area in Lawrence and Washington townships of Marion County. It was built on a small village, but nowadays represents a nice location for going on vacation.
Top Attractions within Castleton
Castleton Square Mall represents the largest mall in Indiana and is located in Castleton. It is a busy place, filled with many stores, a food court, a children's play area and a cinema. If you like shopping or you are simply looking for a way of spending time, then Castleton, is the perfect place for that.
The Fashion Mall can be found around Castleton, at the intersection of East 86th Street and North Keystone Avenue. It has been renovated and extended, so now is a place where you have to go shopping with your kids as you will find them nice things here.
Marion County is also located in Indiana, United States and it is a worth visiting place. There are many interesting buildings and attractions that will make your family a perfect day. It is a busy location, with many business buildings, but also recreational and cultural attractions, so do not omit it!
Lawrence, a city located in Mario County, Indiana, United States, is also placed in the neighborhood of Castleton. Here, tourists will find Fort Harrison State Park, which is a recreational area and an opportunity to enjoy nature, animals, plants, to take photos and to walk.
William Sahm Park, formerly known as Northeastway Park, is situated to the north of the Castleton Square mall, off of 91st Street, in Castleton, United States. Here are event shelters, playing areas, sports areas and facilities, beautiful trees and nice walking trails. Visitors will relax and enjoy nature, spend time and have fun with their kids. This park is perfect for a nice day with your family.
Castleton lies in Marion County of Indiana and boasts of being the most commercialized area in Indiana. The neighborhood, which is situated north of Indianapolis, is a haven to shopoholics. There are many retail outlets here, and it is heaven for shoppers with the largest mall in the state located here.
1. Shop at the Castleton Square Mall: This is the biggest shopping mall in the state of Indiana. Shoppers will find four main department stores, more than 130 smaller stores, a food court, and a play area at the Castleton Square. Not only locals but also people from the neighboring towns flock here to shop.
2. Benton House: Located on the Downey Avenue of Indianapolis, this building was the home of the president of Butler University. The site is famous for its Second Empire-manner of architecture. The recreated brick house today stands as a social, cultural, and historical site.
3. Riverside Golf Course: This 72-par golf course is situated by the White River and boasts 18 holes. Trees, small green areas, and variety in elevation are the features of this golf course, which golfers must try.
4. The Historical Drug Store of Hooks: Located on the 38th street in Indianapolis this historical site is situated on the Indiana State Fairgrounds. There are numerous artifacts in this historical drug store that transport visitors to the rich past of the land.
5. Cemetery at Crown hill: This place, of great historical significance, offers visitors tours that acquaint them with the history of the region. Visitors can choose from the Civil War tour, Crown Hill Celebrities tour, African Americans tour, and much more.