Did you know that Cathedral City is the second most populous area in the Coachella Valley?
Best Way to Travel: Car
#1 Thing to do: Lumpy's Discount Golf
#2 Thing to do: Big League Dreams
#3 Thing to do: Cimarron Golf Club
Fun Fact: The locals call the city as “Cat City”, short for Cathedral
Cathedral City is in Riverside County California. The Cathedral Canyon lies to the south side of the city and has cathedral shaped rock formations; hence the name of the town. The local residents of the city also call the city “Cat City”, the short form of Cathedral City. Numerous attractions are scattered all over the city, which visitors can enjoy.
1. Golf at Date Palm Country Club: Created by Ted Robinson, this 58-par course features 18 holes and stretches 3,100 yards.
2. Participate in the Mexican Independence Day festival: This festival occurs annually on the third weekend of September. During this festival many interesting activities are organized which will make the visit worthwhile.
3. Visit the Living Desert: This is a museum located on the Portola Avenue of the Palm Desert. Visitors can observe plants that are found only in the desert area as well as animals from Africa and North America. Visitors can also find rare species of animals such as a slender-horned gazelle and sand cats.
4. Have fun at Boomers Fun Park: This Park is on Palm Canyon Drive in Cathedral City and features numerous fun filled activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Visitors will find game rooms, bumper boats, miniature golf courses, go-carts and other facilities here.
5. Tour the March Field Air Museum: This is in Riverside and is home to artifacts from American Naval aircrafts. Visitors will find different kinds of planes that played their part in the history of the nation with the main attraction being the G2 Naval aircraft simulator.