Catonsville is in Baltimore County Maryland and is an unincorporated community. The Hollywood actor David Hasselhoff is from Catonsville. In 2007, Money Magazine ranked this city the third best place to live in the Maryland/Virginia area. There are numerous nearby attractions in Catonsville, which visitors can visit.
1. Visit Lafayette Square: Lafayette Square is located on Stricker Street in Baltimore. This is an important historic place for the nation; during the Civil War, it was used as the campground. This site is quite scenic despite its urban surroundings. Victorian churches and row houses of the 1920s decorate this area.
2. Visit the House and Museum of Edgar Allan Poe: This site is located on Amity Street in Baltimore. Visitors can visit the famous horror writer's home where he wrote those spine chilling horror stories. There are numerous objects in the house that are associated with the life of the author.
3. Tour the Maryland Zoo: This zoo is located at Druid Hill Park and is among the nation's oldest zoos. The zoo shelters over two thousand animals. Wildlife from Africa is the zoo's specialty.
4. Visit the B and O Railroad Museum: The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad is where American railroading began. Visitors can find real locomotives and other railroad related artifacts.
5. Tour the University of Maryland: The University is located in Catonsville and is an important center of learning. This 1966 University is famous for its engineering and social sciences programs besides courses in the liberal arts.