Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Catonsville Car Rental Comparison: Strike a Deal and Bag a Cool Rental Car
Travel along and compare the cheapest rental car in Catonsville
Catonsville, a census-designated place in Baltimore County, Maryland, United States, is an appropriate place for spending vacation due to its attractions, natural beauties and friendly atmosphere. Catonsville blends cultural attractions with a nice landscape and cultural spots where tourists have the opportunity to find out more about this area and its past. Visit top tourist attractions in your car rental.
5 Things You Must Do in Catonsville
Catonsville is in Baltimore County Maryland and is an unincorporated community. The Hollywood actor David Hasselhoff is from Catonsville. In 2007, Money Magazine ranked this city the third best place to live in the Maryland/Virginia area. There are numerous nearby attractions in Catonsville, which visitors can visit.
1. Visit Lafayette Square: Lafayette Square is located on Stricker Street in Baltimore. This is an important historic place for the nation; during the Civil War, it was used as the campground. This site is quite scenic despite its urban surroundings. Victorian churches and row houses of the 1920s decorate this area.
2. Visit the House and Museum of Edgar Allan Poe: This site is located on Amity Street in Baltimore. Visitors can visit the famous horror writer's home where he wrote those spine chilling horror stories. There are numerous objects in the house that are associated with the life of the author.
3. Tour the Maryland Zoo: This zoo is located at Druid Hill Park and is among the nation's oldest zoos. The zoo shelters over two thousand animals. Wildlife from Africa is the zoo's specialty.
4. Visit the B and O Railroad Museum: The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad is where American railroading began. Visitors can find real locomotives and other railroad related artifacts.
5. Tour the University of Maryland: The University is located in Catonsville and is an important center of learning. This 1966 University is famous for its engineering and social sciences programs besides courses in the liberal arts.
Top Attractions within Catonsville
Benjamin Banneker Historical Park & Museum
is at 300 Oella Avenue, Catonsville. Its name comes from Benjamin Banneker, who was America's first African-American man of science. The museums hosts many important items focused on him and on America's colonial history. So, this museum houses a small part of the entire American past and culture. It is also a chance of an educational bond of this place.
Lurman Woodland Theater
, can be found at 425 Bloomsbury Avenue, Catonsville, Maryland, United States. The theater hosts free concerts from June to August, so it is your chance to spend a nice time and have fun. Its setting is natural, so the blending of music and nature is amazing. You will have fun with your family, friends and will be part of this community.
The Sunday Farmers Market
in Catonsville is a great spot for buying fresh and natural vegetables, fruits and anything else you need. There is enough space for parking, so do not worry about that. People are very friendly and offer the best they have.
The Spring Grove Hospital Center Alumni Museum
is located in Catonsville, more precisely, on the Spring Grove Hospital Center campus. The museum showcases a photography and drawings collection, a small library, old pieces of furniture, medical equipment dating since many years ago, the admission is free and all tours are guided. It will be a unique experience as we do not find such a type of museum everytime, so while you will visit Catonsville, do not pass it by.
The Knot Gardens and Grounds is a recreational spot in Catonsville that remind us of the beautiful gardens that were once here and of thewalled gardens of the Middle Ages. The gardens are built that way that they seem crossed over one another.
United States, Maryland, United States
Top depots in Catonsville
- Avis Catonsville, Md - 6610 Baltimore National Pike, Catonsville, .
- Budget Catonsville - 6610 Baltimore National Pike, Adjacent To Ashley Furniture, Catonsville, .
- Enterprise Westview - 5530 Baltimore National Pike, Catonsville, .
- Enterprise Catonsville - 6408 Baltimore National Pike, Catonsville, .
- Enterprise Woodlawn - 6634 Security Blvd, Baltimore, .
Other locations near Catonsville