Cedar City lies in Iron County, Utah and is 250 miles away from Salt Lake City. It has catchy attractions and natural beauties, so if you plant to go on a peaceful trip, then you should come to Cedar City. The city hosts nice events and will be a real pleasure to take part in. Cedar City is included in Iron County although is not a large area, you will like it.
Settlers first came to the city in the year 1851 for ironwork. Cedar trees are found in great abundance in the city, hence the name of the city. Today the city is an important tourist destination, which offers getaways to different parks.
Top Attractions within Cedar City
The Utah Shakespeare Festival provides repertory of the William Shakespeare's plays. The event takes place annually, during the summer until the fall in Cedar City. The campus of Southern Utah University is the place where is held, more precisely. It includes the Green Show, which is an outdoor performance that takes place before each play. It is a cultural event that attracts many people,. both locals and tourists, so if you love literature, theater and want to spend a great time, you have to attend this festival. It is one of the most important events in Cedar City.
Bryce Canyon National Park is nearby Cedar City, Utah, United States. The main attraction is Bryce Canion, but the entire landscape is amazing. It is huge as has 56 square miles and receives a lot of visitors. This park is the perfect place for having fun and taking photos with your family. It represents an unforgettable attraction that you will surely cherish.
Zion National Park is situated nearby Cedar City, in the Southern United States. Many years ago, this area was filled with groups of Native Americans. Its geology is spectacular and there are many rivers that flow through. Breath the fresh air, hear the birds singing and enjoy nature and all its beauties. Within this area are cabins, restaurants, bookstores, as well as conservations.
In Cedar City, tourists will find peace and a unique relaxing landscape that will take their breath away.
5 Things You Must Do in Cedar City
1. Cedar Breaks National Monument: Cedar Breaks is a great geographical wonder with its 2,500 feet deep basin. This unique basin consists of different sizes and varieties of lime formations in varied colors, which is indeed a treat to the senses. Guided walks and hiking trails are also available for visitors to experience.
2. Southern Utah University: The University is in the city itself and dates back to the year 1897. This University hosts the famous and award wining Utah Shakespearean Festival and also the Utah Summer Games.
3. The Shakespeare Festival of Utah: This festival is a great treat for lovers of Shakespeare. It was awarded the nation's prestigious Regional Theatre Tony Award in 2000. The festival is a must witness for visitors in the city interested in enjoying engaging dramatic performances.
4. Dixie National Forest: This forest occupies an area of about two million acres and is a wonderful place full of natural attractions. Visitors can explore its steep canyons, the sky kissing pine trees, rock structures, lakes, and mountains.
5. Cedar Ridge Golf Course: This 71-par golf course boasts of 18-holes and is a fascinating place for all types of golfers. Beginner and expert golfers find this golf course equally challenging. There are different levels for the newly initiated golfers here.