is a wonderful suburb of Dayton, Montgomery, located in Ohio, United States. Centerville has a population of approximately 23.900 residents on an area of 10.2 squared miles (26.5 squared kilometers). Founded in 1796, Centerville is a very beautiful place you can visit within the United States and if you are thinking about planning a trip in this location, you are surely making a good decision. In fact, Centerville is very well known for the numerous stone houses that can be visited here, the great majority of these buildings being listed in the National Register of Historic places.
Top Attractions within Centerville
Heart of Centerville is a place in which you can really spend an amazing time. Here you will find a wide selection of restaurants, shops and boutiques, for all tastes. And Heart of Centerville is also the place in which you will be able to see some of the early stone buildings of the city.
Town Hall Theater is, without a doubt, a place that you need to visit when being in Centerville. The building of the theater is quite impressive, dating back to 1908, in fact serving for many years as a government offices center. Since 1989, Town Hall Theater has been hosting different shows and stage performances, serving as an arts center.
Washington-Centerville Public Library is quite an amazing place. Here you will be able to find more than 380.000 books, movies, music, and also documentation for educational programs, research and much more.
American Festival is one of the most important events that are held every year in Centerville. In fact, thousands of tourists arrive in the beautiful city each year, only with the purpose to attend the event. The American Festival starts early in the morning and the event ends with a fireworks show.
Walton House Museum is the place to visit if you are interested in the history of the city. The museum is located in a stone building dating back to 1838. Both the house and the beautiful gardens surrounding it can be visited in organized tours.
5 Things You Must Do in Centerville
1. Visit Walton House Museum: - This is one of the oldest houses that is located in Centerville. This house has been a part of the historical society since 1971 and it dates back to 1838. The stone cottage is the headquarters of the historical society and was donated by Miriam Walton.
2. Visit Carillon Historical Park: - This is an outdoor museum that has exhibits which interpret the unique history of the past era. The historical park has maintained a fine collection that ranges from the early times to the present day. The park is located in Dayton arena near Centerville.
3. Tour Patterson Homestead: -The Patterson Homestead originates from the early revolutionary war when it served as residence for Patterson and his family. This homestead has been a public destination since 1975 and today it is an individual tourist destination where you can have a glimpse of federal period architecture and old-fashioned furnishings.
4. Visit the Visual Art Center near Centerville: - The visual art center is located in Dayton near Centerville. It serves as an exhibition hall and gathering place for regional modern artists. You can be a part of the various shows and workshops that are held here throughout the year.
5. Tour the Art Institute: - Located in Dayton near Centerville the art institute is a well-known museum for the visual arts. This museum includes thousands of artifacts that cover a range of nearly 5,000 years of world history.