Chadds Ford Car Rental Comparison
Chadds Ford is a beautiful township located in the state of Pennsylvania, more exactly in Delaware County. Chadds Ford was formerly known as Birmingham Township, but its name changed in order to reflect the important part that Chadds Ford played in the Battle of Brandywine. According to the 2000 census, Chadds Ford has a population of 3.170 residents and an area of 8.88 square miles. Even though Chadds Ford is a small township, it is totally worth visiting, because it offers a lot of attractions and many cultural possibilities. People in Chadds Ford are friendly, and accommodation is affordable, so do not miss seeing this lovely township if you are in the area.
Top Attractions within Chadds Ford
The Brandywine River Museum is a wonderful cultural institution, which provides a variety of regional and American art collections. The museum was established in 1971, and since then it has been a great place to learn more about the culture, history and traditions of Chadds Ford, in particular, and of the country, in general.
Brandywine Battlefield Historic Site is a historic park that spans on no less than 50 acres. The site is part of the place where the 1777 Battle of Brandywine was fought during the American Revolution. In 1961, Brandywine Battlefield Historic Site became a National Historic Landmark, and one of the best attractions of Chadds Ford.
The Brandywine Wildflower and Native Plant Gardens were established in 1974. The place was designed by F. M. Mooberry, and it became one of the most beautiful botanical gardens in the United States. Here, you will be able to admire a variety of wildflowers, trees and shrubs, among the landscaped meadows, woodlands, flood plains and wetlands.
The Christian C. Sanderson Museum hosts a wide array of historical artifacts. Most of the items that can be seen today in the museum were collected by Christian C. Sanderson, who was one of the most notable residents of Chadds Ford. The museum was established one year after his death, and it received his name, in order to honor the life of this great man.
5 Things You Must Do in Chadds Ford
Chadds Ford is a small township that is located 30 miles south of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. Filled with ample entertainment and historical aspects Chadds Ford is an ideal destination for all of your leisure activities. There are many places to enjoy during your excursion to Chadds Ford.
1. Visit Brandywine Battlefield: Brandywine Battlefield is a historical park that is located near Chadds ford in Pennsylvania. This 52-acre park features numerous historical houses that once served as the headquarters for General Washington.
2. Visit Brandywine River Museum: This is a cherished art museum in Chadds Ford and is renowned for its rare collection of works by three generations of Wyeths and American illustrations of landscape paintings and still life works.
3. Tour the Brandywine Wildflower and Native Plant Gardens: These gardens are located beside the Brandywine River in Chadds Ford. This garden was recognized in 1974. The garden houses various wildflowers, trees, and shrubs.
4. Visit Christian C. Sanderson Museum: The museum is also known as Sanderson Museum and has housed various collections of historical artifacts. Some of the collections of the museum include the bandage placed on Abraham Lincoln after he was shot, a pocket book of Jennie Wade, and various collections from ancient history.
5. Tour Longwood Gardens: The Longwood Gardens are among the world's finest horticulture displays. The gardens spread over an area of 1,050 acres and feature 20 indoor gardens and 20 outdoor gardens with 11,000 various species of plants. The grounds also include imposing fountains and a bevy of regular events including flower shows and live music performances.