Compare and Book a Reliable and Affordable Car Rental in Charleston
Useful information on Charleston, South Carolina
Charleston is a coastal city in South Carolina, and is home to over 120 thousand residents, as well as over half a million more in its greater metropolitan area. Charleston has been experiencing huge population growth, with a 50% increase from 1990 to 2010! And did you know that both TV host Stephen Colbert and musician Darius Rucker are from Charleston?
If you're going to be in Charleston and you need to book a rental car, you should book with us because you'll save money and time when you compare car rental deals at VroomVroomVroom.
Reasons to book a rental car with us
The benefits of booking with us are numerous, and here are just a few reasons we are considered the experts in car rental booking:
- We charge no booking fees.
- We charge no cancellation fees up to 48 hours prior to departure.
- When you book early, you can find some great deals.
- Comparing rates from all the car rental companies means you can save a lot of money!
Here are some great restaurants to try in CharlestonAfter you pick up your affordable car rental in Charleston, South Carolina, why not take your family or co-workers out for a nice meal at a top-rated local restaurant? Drive your rental car over to Halls Chophouse to enjoy some of the finest dining in this awesome city!
Or, head to the Peninsula Grill in your car rental – it's another equally popular and very tasty place to relax and have a nice evening out with friends. It is a bit pricey, so if you're looking for slightly more affordable fare, the Cru Café and the Five Loaves Café are also great places to eat in Charleston!
5 Things You Must Do in Charleston
Founded in 1670 and originally known as Charles Towne, in honor of Charles II of England, Charleston is famous for both its ethnic diversity as well as its rich history. It was in Charleston that citizens first voted to succeed from the United States Union at the beginning of the Civil War. If you visit Charleston, here are some things you must not miss.
1. Tour the Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon. This building is historically significant to Colonial and Revolutionary America. It was on the steps of the exchange Charleston received its freedom from Great Britain as well as the place where South Carolina delegates met to ratify the United States Constitution.
2. Visit Gibbes Museum of Art. This museum, toted as the oldest in the country, houses more than 10,000 pieces of art.
3. Check out the South Carolina Aquarium. During your visit, you will see some of the more than 10,000 species of plants and animals that call South Carolina home. There is also an interactive center where visitors can touch animals such as starfish and horseshoe crabs.
4. Pay a visit to one of the many former old southern plantations. You may choose from Boone Hall Plantation, Middleton Place or Magnolia Plantation. At each place you are sure to get a glimpse of what life for both the owning family and the slaves of the plantation.
5. See the Charleston port. Nearly 32,000 tons of overseas cargo comes in through Charleston's five ports each day.