People are booking a car rental with VroomVroomVroom every day, but why? The answer's simple! Because we are the experts in saving you money and time! At VroomVroomVroom, if you book a rental car early, you can get a great deal. And no matter when you book, you can always compare and save on car rental! Read about our Price Promise to find out how VroomVroomVroom can save you money.
Many travelers to Charlotte and the surrounding North Carolina area will be flying into Charlotte Douglas International Airport, which serves more than 39 million passengers annually. Due to its proximity to the state border and to South Carolina cities like Columbia, Greenville and Spartanburg, you may find yourself traveling into S.C. during your trip as well. If so, it's strongly recommended that you use VroomVroomVroom to book your cheap Charlotte car rental in advance, because you'll save money and save yourself a lot of hassle! Charlotte Douglas is the sixth busiest airport in the United States and the largest hub of the airline US Airways.
Charlotte Douglas received the “Best Airport” Eagle Award in 2010 from the International Air Transport Association, recognizing quality service and value to travelers. In 2012, the airport launched “CLT 2015” – construction projects to build a 7,000 parking space deck (Consolidated Rental Car Facility) and to expand departures/ticketing and arrivals/baggage claim areas, and the roadway in front of the terminal. At Charlotte Douglas International Airport, you can get car rental service from one of a number of rental car counters on the lower level at baggage claim. At the counter, tell them you've used VroomVroomVroom to reserve the Charlotte car rental you wanted. Charlotte Douglas is currently served by eight car rental companies – Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Known as both the queen's city and the hornet's nest, Charlotte seems to have a bit of a personality conflict when it comes to its rich history. While the town was named in hopes of winning favor with the British royalty, it was rules imposed by this same royalty that caused the city to declare its independence in 1775. Here are a few things to do if you visit Charlotte.
1. Cheer your favorite driver on to victory at the Lowe's Motor Speedway Charlotte is one of the country's major NASCAR hubs with about 75 of its workers and drivers living within two hours of the city's downtown area.
2. Go bird watching at the Wing Haven Garden and Bird Sanctuary Created in 1972 by Elizabeth and Edwin Clarkson, this garden and bird sanctuary offers a quiet repose from the hustle and bustle of modern life. Visitors are also allowed to tour the former home of the Clarkson's.
3. Catch a thrill ride at Paramount's Carowinds Attention all trekies - this theme park is the only one in the world with a Star Trek themed ride. While there, the whole family can also enjoy the stage shows, water park and family rides offered at this regional amusement park.
4. Visit the Carolinas Aviation Museum Flying and static airplanes as well as missiles and rockets can be viewed at this location. This museum can be reached car or by plane. At the, museum you can witness airplanes taking off and landing. The museum also features restored airplanes. This is one of the major attractions among airplane fanatics in the city.
5. Take in a football game at the Bank of America Stadium This stadium is home to Charlotte's own NFL team, the Panthers.
6. Visit Reed's Gold Mine Reed's Gold Mine is one of the most significant sites in the history of gold mining in the United States. This was one of the first few gold mines in the United States and today is a major tourist attraction in the city.
7. Visit the Mint Museum of Art This is Charlotte's main museum and features American art, American ceramics, costumes and other artifacts from all over the world as well as pre-colonial and colonial art.
8. Visit the Discovery Place Discovery Place is one of the most popular and acclaimed museums for Children in the United States. The museum focuses primarily on sciences. Some of the features at the museum include live experiments. At the museum you can enjoy a rainforest, see a hydrogen balloon explode, and other exciting activities.
9. Enjoy a movie at the Discovery Place IMAX Located at Discovery Place this is a theatre that has a large dome and usually features documentaries.