City Of Industry Car Rental Comparison
City Of Industry, or simply Industry, is one of the most developed industrial suburbs of Los Angeles, California. City Of Industry is located, more exactly, in the San Gabriel Valley region. Even if City Of Industry has a population of only 219 residents, according to the 2010 census, more than 2.500 businesses are headquartered here, providing over 80.000 jobs to the inhabitants of the area.
Chinese businesspeople are very fond of City Of Industry, so they invested in the area quite a lot. This is why most of them have moved near City Of Industry, in the surrounding Rowland Heights, West Covina, Walnut, Hacienda Heights, and Diamond Bar. Some of the renown companies which have based their headquarters in City Of Industry are Hot Topic, Yum-Yum Donuts, Biostar and Micro-Star International.
Top Attractions within City Of Industry
The Workman and Temple Family Homestead Museum is a wonderful historic facility in City Of Industry. The property was built in 1842, in a Picturesque architectural style. The museum is also home to 'La Casa Nueva', which is a great proof of the Spanish Colonial Revival style, built in 1922. The main sites of interest here are the Historical Marker at Workman Home, the Temple Mansion, and the 'Teppe' at Temple Mansion. This impressive museum was also listed on the National Register of Historic Places, in 1974.
Puente Hills Mall can also be found in City Of Industry. The mall will please the heart of every shopping enthusiast, as it is one of the oldest shopping facilities in the area, dating back to 1974. At the same time, this is the main shopping center in all the San Gabriel Valley region, providing numerous stores and shops, as well as many dining options and a cinema theatre.
Fo Guang Shan Hsi Lai Temple is one of the oldest Chinese Buddhist temples in the United States, and it can be admired nearby City Of Industry, in Hacienda Heights. Inside the temple, visitors will get the chance to admire beautiful gardens and statues, but since the place is highly visited, you will also find a dining hall and a translation center.
Five Things You Must Do in City of Industry
City Of Industry, otherwise simply known as Industry, is located in Los Angeles County, California. The city is situated in the enchanting valley of San Gabriel. As the name suggests, the city is the hub for large number of industries.
1. Homestead Museum: The museum is well known as the Workman and Temple Family Homestead Museum. It is also known as one of the historic treasures of California. The museum features several educational programs, is set in lush green landscaping and has considerable historical significance.
2. Puente Hills Mall: For shopping lovers, the Puente Hills Mall is like heaven. Located at the center of the City of Industry, the shopping mall is a major commercial center that is also one of the older buildings in City of Industry.
3. Vineland Drive- In: The Vineland Drive-In is the only “drive-in” open theater in Los Angeles. The Drive-In comprises four movie screens. About 1500 cars can be occupied in the parking area of the Vineland “drive- in” Theater.
4. Historical Resources Inc: The name of the management company for the Homestead Museum, located in City of Industry and situated at the Don Julian Road. Historical Resources Inc. also manage the Workman House within the Homestead Museum, one of the oldest country homes in California, which demonstrates many changes in architectural styles since the mid nineteenth century.
5. Wilson Park Pool: This Park is situated near City Of Industry at Minneola. The park is spread over a wide area. Children love to play on the open space like this, as adults as well as children can enjoy recreational activities here. Art and community classes are held in the park.