Tailor-made for your budget Clermont Car Rentals
Did you know that Clermont, just west of Orlando, is a city in Lake County, Florida. It's another one of those 'residential' cities with retail trade, lodging, and food and drink as the forerunners of its economy.
Best way to travel: Car, Bus
#1 thing to do: Presidents Hall of Fame
#2 thing to do: Florida Citrus Tower
#3 thing to do: The Cycling Hub
Fun Fact: The city got its name from Clermont, France and its downtown area, which is paved with a rich history, is still pretty much the same as it was 50 years ago and it gives Clermont this nice, timeless charm.
#1 Car Rental Company: Budget
Top 5 Things to Do in Clermont
Clermont is a captivating city, located in Lake County, Florida. The city is quite large and residents enjoy a good climate throughout the year. There are a number of recreational facilities along with some well-known tourist attractions.
1. Central Florida Railroad Museum: Located in Winter Gardens in the Taveres and Gulf Railroads Depot, the museum has a fine display of Florida railroad memorabilia, including the dining car, 'China'.
2. Winter Garden Heritage Museum: The museum, which opened in 1918, is located at the Coast Line Depot, is dedicated to the history of the area and features various display exhibits. Some typical examples from the collections are local citrus labels, railroad memorabilia and Indian artifacts.
3. Discovery Gardens: Discovery Gardens is a horticulture-learning center, featuring a 3.5 acre botanical garden, where a self-guided tour may be taken. There are 20 different themed gardens, featuring a wide selection of beautiful flowers and plants.
4. Universal Studios Florida: This is the most popular attraction in the city and actually consists of two theme parks, Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios, Florida. The site also features an evening entertainment destination, known as City Walk.
5. Lake Louisa State Park: A magnificent lake covering more than 4,000 acres and which features the green swamp. Visitors to the park can avail themselves of various recreational facilities, including swimming, bird watching, hiking, picnics and fishing. There is also the option of taking part in a natural study event.