Clovis Car Rental Comparison
Clovis is a beautiful city in the state of California, located more exactly in Fresno County. Clovis was established in 1890, but it has developed hugely ever since. Now, there are more than 97.200 people living in the beautiful city of Clovis, according to the 2011 census. The area of Clovis spans on 23.278 square miles, making it one of the largest cities in the state. Clovis also has an interesting slogan: 'Clovis - A Way of Life', as it is a great place to live and raise your children in. However, Clovis is also a great tourist destination, as it provides numerous attractions, as well as affordable accommodation and plenty of cultural and leisure possibilities. One thing is for sure: nobody can get bored in Clovis.
Top Attractions within Clovis
The Wild Water Adventure Park is the place that every member of the family will love. Do not miss out on having fun in an aquatic park which is filled with rides, slides, lakes and trees. You will also get the chance to fish and to make barbecues, so your adventure in Clovis will not be complete unless you visit this wonderful recreational facility.
The Discovery Center Museum of Science and Natural History offers numerous exhibits and tours. This is the place to learn everything about the culture and history of Clovis. The best thing about this museum is that it encourages children to learn some information as well, which is great. The museum features numerous artifacts, pictures and items from all the historical periods of the region.
The Duncan Water Gardens is the place where you will relax. Enjoy the serenity and tranquillity of the gardens, and forget all about the daily routine and the stress surrounding you. Simply listen to the sounds of the waterfall and admire the beautiful sights offered by the lake, which is filled with koi fish. Here, you can also admire numerous sculptures, designed by local artists.
Five Things You Must Do in Clovis
Clovis is situated in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley in California. It serves as the gateway to Sierra. Clovis is a good place to spend a vacation enriched by the beauties of the natural world. The city was known in earlier times for its abundant cultivation of wheat, now still developed in the Frenco County area. Clovis is on the northeast part of Frenco County.
1. Historic Tarpey Depot: This depot provides visitors with every kind of information they might need to have about the city, including all kinds of available maps and guide books.
2. Old Town Clovis: The original old town area of Clovis provides a soothing atmosphere in which visitors can rest. Fenced with red brick and beautiful wide landscapes covered with greenery, the Old Town features many different hotels and attractive shops.
3. Letterman Park: This is one of the parks located in Villa Avenue, situated between Barstow and Bullard Avenues. 3. Letterman Park serves as a great picnic spot for people visiting the town.
4. Sierra Bicentennial Park: The home of mature beauty and greenery, the Sierra Bicentennial Park is nestled in Sierra. This park also provides a great picnic spot for visitors.
5. Museum: The Clovis museum is located in the middle of the old town of Clovis. The museum conveys historical information about the township and living environments of the ancestors of modern Clovis. The museum is currently displaying the painting of 'California Country' by Patricia Chaffe.