Conyers Car Rental Comparison
Conyers is a charming city located in the state of Georgia, more exactly in Rockdale County, and being the county seat at the same time. In fact, Conyers is the only city in the county, so that should come as no surprise. Conyers is about 24 miles away from Atlanta, and it was recently united with the formerly separate town of Milstead. Conyers was incorporated in 1854, and it became a true wild town after that, as it had numerous saloons and brothels.
Since then, Conyers developed hugely, and now it is a city where everyone would like to live in. There are nearly 14.000 people living now in Conyers, according to the 2009 census. This is why tourists are also very attracted to the area, as Conyers offers them numerous cultural and leisure possibilities, as well as many entertaining venues and affordable accommodation.
Top Attractions within Conyers
The Georgia International Horse Park, or simply The Horse Park, was established in 1990, as Rockdale County was growing more and more. The park turned out to be a success, as the 1996 Summer Olympics were held here. The park is also preferred by many tourists, as it offers numerous mountain biking trails. Many events are held here at the park all year long, making it a not-to-be-missed attraction.
The Monastery of the Holy Spirit, also known as Our Lady of the Holy Spirit Monastery, is one of the most beautiful facilities of the kind you will ever see. There are 84 monks currently working at the monastery, to make sure that everything runs smoothly. You will also find here some shops, where you can buy gifts and souvenirs, to remind you of this place forever.
The Rockdale County Historical Museum is the place where you will find out everything there is about the history, culture and traditions of Conyers. You will also find here the incorporation act, which dates back to 1870.
Five Things You Must Do in Conyers
Conyers City is in the Rockdale County of Georgia State in the USA. It is an ancient city of Georgia that has the tradition of having had a private railroad since 1905.
1. Visit to Conveyer Depot: The historic Depot was an active railway depot until 1972, when functioning passenger rail services between Atlanta and Augusta ceased. Thereafter, the Rockdale County Historical Society has continued to maintain the Depot as a social meeting area. The “Dinky” 1905 Rogers Steam Locomotive engine is exhibited nearby the Depot: many tourists visit this monument.
2. Lewis Vaughn Botanical Gardens: The Lewis Vaughn Botanical Garden has a good collection of plants and rare flowers. It is an attraction for biological students and plant and nature lovers.
3. A visit to Black Shoals Park and Lake and shopping center: The Black Shoals Park and Lake with 650 acres of land has facilities for outdoor activities for entertainment like fishing, canoeing, and hiking. Shopping at the old shopping town will provide you with the opportunity to buy anything from fancy goods to antiques and also drop in for refreshments.
4. Visit to the Monastery of the Holy Spirit of Conyers City: The Monastery of the Holy Spirit of Georgia is a Roman Catholic Church belonging to the “Trappists”, an international Catholic sect whose monks are dedicated to contemplation in the service of God under the Rule of St Benedict. People of all faiths visit this Monastery.
5. A visit to Georgia International Horse Park: Georgia International Horse Park of Conyers City is worthy of a visit to see its facilities. It has a large area of 1400 acres with facilities enabling it to host events of the size of the 1996 Olympic Games. Festivals, Concerts, Wedding Receptions or any other large functions can be arranged here.