A small town in the Allegheny County, Coraopolis has a population of just 5000 people. With its typical American features, this place is the perfect location in Pennsylvania to relax and spend some great days. If you are planning to visit this state and you want to stop here, you should know what could you do in this beautiful twon, home of actors Michael Keaton and S. William Hinzman.
Top Attractions within Coraopolis
The Old Coraopolis Railroad Station is a historical building, home of the an exhibition of train related memorabilia that shows bits and pieces of the history of Coraopolis. Although from outside the building seems pretty sober, inside it, it is very beautiful the interiors are well kept, exactly like the originals.
Coraopolis Municipal Building is the venue where town meetings take place. Although it has a very sober appearance, the building is great, the large windows filling it with light and warmth. This is also a historical building where large amounts of money were invested in order to keep it standing and to refurbish the beautiful items of furniture you can admire outside. The Coraopolis Municipal Building can be seen in the large square downtown.
Coraopolis Library is the place to hit if you are a bookwork. Thousands of books from many different domains, not just literature, but also IT, PR, Engineering, Construction and many more. The Coraopolis Library offers monthly lectures and has a literature club which reunites once a month to discuss several books the members read.
The Coraopolis Knit Club gathers every Saturday women off all ages to knit together, or to learn to knot if they do not know. If you are a passionate of arts and crafts, this club is great for you and you will definitely learn a lot of new things here. The Knit Club is opened all year long.
Coraopolis is a small city in the Alleghany County in the US state of Pennsylvania. The town is known for its sharp topography; many brick streets, large, old and beautiful architecture. It is the headquarters, of the American Bridge Company and home of Robert Morris College. If you are visiting Coraopolis there will be plenty of entertaining spots waiting for you!
1. Visit the casinos: Be part of the action in some of the enlivening casinos of Coraopolis. Caesars Atlantic City, Casino Junkets, Tropicana and McKee's Rocks are some of the popular casinos.
2. Go sightseeing: Coraopolis has beautiful parks and gardens where you can enjoy playing, walking, sightseeing and other recreational activities. Savor all the fun 'Settlers Cabin Park', 'Moon Township Park', 'Ohio Township Municipal Park' and 'Economy Park' offer in camping, swimming and numerous recreational activities.
3. Golfing: Take a golf break and enjoy the picturesque sights of the scenic golf courses like the 'Montour Heights golf course', 'Diamond Run golf course' and 'Highland Country Club, Highland Course'.
4. Enjoy the nightlife: Whether you want to sway the night away, rock the dance floor, or enjoy a late night drink, Coraopolis has it all in Station Square - Rock Jungle Nightclub, Jetz Nightclub and many more!
5. Ice skating: Spend some leisure time gliding across the frozen rink at the 'Airport Ice Arena'. It is a multi-use ice facility. Public ice skating, hockey leagues, broomball are some of the many attractions at this ice rink.