This costal city is well known for its climate, which is similar to that of northern Florida cities, as well as its sparkling gulf views. Spanish settlers named the city in honor of the sacrament of Eucharist, representing the body of Christ. Here are five things not to be missed if you visit Corpus Christi.
Best way to travel: Car, Bus
#1 thing to do: Texas Surf Museum
#2 thing to do: USS Lexington Museum
#3 thing to do: Texas State Aquarium
Fun Fact: Corpus Christi, translated from Latin, means Body of Christ and this name was given by the Spaniards. To promote tourism, literature is always going about, calling Corpus Christi The Sparkling City by the bay. Catchy, ain't it?
#1 Car Rental Company: Thrifty
1. Visit the USS Lexington: This former aircraft carrier now serves the public as a museum. Visitors are allowed to tour the majority of the boat and learn the workings of an air craft carrier as well as what life was like for the soldiers who served on these vessels.
2. Dock at the Corpus Christi Marina: Even if you don't own a boat, you will still surely enjoy the gulf views and water related activities, such as fishing, available at the marina.
3. Go bird watching at the Hans and Pat Suter Wildlife Refuge: At this refuge you can walk or bike on a trail, or enjoy lunch at the refuge's picnic tables and grills. While there, take advantage of the opportunity to see some of Texas' wildlife in its natural habitat.
4. See the dolphins at the Texas Aquarium: This aquarium is home to four dolphins as well as many other forms of aquatic life.
5. Tour the Texas Surf Museum: This museum lets visitors explore the history of surfing in general as well as surfing along the Texas coast.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Corpus Christi. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Corpus Christi||Directions to Corpus Christi||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|