Cottonwood Car Rental Comparison
Best Way to Travel: Car
#1 Thing to do: Blazin'M Ranch Wild West Adventure
#2 Thing to do: Verde Valley Olive Oil Traders
#3 Thing to do: Arizona Stronghold Vineyards Tasting Room
Fun Fact: Cottonwood is called the “Old Town City” because of its many historic attractions
#1 Car Rental Company: Enterprise, Budget
Top 5 Things to do in Cottonwood
Cottonwood is located in the Verde Valley in Arizona. The grove of 16 cottonwood trees near the River Verde lent the name cottonwood to the city. It has an area of 27.6 sq km. What makes Cottonwood unique is the sight of innumerable hues bestowed by nature to the landscape. The red and black rocks of the surrounding mountains blending with emerald greenery of forest and azure waters of the Verde River ranks Cottonwood as a location of unsurpassable beauty.
1. Take a walk along the river: Verde River Greenway is a rare 6 miles long area along the river, home to numerous riparian lives. One can see rare and threatened land, air and water species inhabiting the area. The dense forest and unique riparian shrubs along the riverbank is a sure attraction for botanists. The unique flora and fauna of the area ranks it as an outstanding locale.
2. A must see for train lovers: For those who like model trains, a visit to the Clemenceau Heritage Museum is a must where one can see a room full of working model trains and also learn about Cottonwood's heritage.
3. Go trekking or hiking: Trekking, hiking and walking, is a popular activity on the trails along the river. The well-developed trails of Dead Horse State Park and the tourists frequently use Red Rock State Park, which is 13.4 miles in length.
4. Spend some time in a museum: The Museum of Cottonwood is a remarkable experience. The remnants of the Sinagua civilization can be witnessed at Tuzigoot National Monument and Montezuma Castle.
5. Pay a visit to a canyon: Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Area is a 26 mile long canyon and is perfect for hiking, while enjoying this breath taking canyon. It is one of the most scenic spots in the area.