Countryside is a small, charming town located in the state of Illinois, with a population of 5991 at the 2000 census. It is a great place to spend your holiday or a weekend getaway, due to its beautiful surroundings, large variety of accommodation and entertainment venues, for people of all ages and tastes. The history of Countryside goes back to the time of the Native Americans. The area remained large expanses of rural farmland until the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, when the fire sent thousands of locals into what it is known today as the West Suburban Chicago Region.
Top Attractions Within Countryside
Park District La Grange is a three square mile area almost contiguous with the boundaries of the beautiful suburban Village of La Grange, near Countryside. The park district maintains 67 acres of parkland at eleven locations, and offers over 1500 recreation programs annually, for its more than 15.000 residents and tourists. The venue also includes a recreation centre, where it provides a wide variety of activities such as walking tracks, indoor playground for children, a toddler playtime gym and a basketball open gym.
La Grange Area Historical Society is located near Countryside and brings together people who are interested in history, in the same time providing the means and facilities for the research and study the heritage of Countryside. The Centre has been collecting documents, photographs, artefacts and memorabilia,dating back to the 1890s. The main floor is used to display special exhibits many of which highlight the collection of period costumes.
Flagg Creek Golf Course Countryside is a great golf course. Tucked right in the heart of Countryside, this facility reaches out to many adults and children. The venue stays open until 10 PM and it is lighted. The golf may not have Tiger Woods playing here, but it is a great place where you can enjoy the pleasure of golf, regardless if you are a novice or an expert.
Countryside is located in Cook County, Illinois. It is a closely knitted community, where many residents have lived here for two to three generations. Although an agrarian community in the beginning, the city is now thriving in automobile dealership.
1. Go Shopping; Shopping in Countryside is not only cheap but offers multitude of choices ranging from clothing to antique items and from electronics to liquor. Municipal real estate tax is not levied on the products which resulted in flourishing business community in Countryside.
2. Play some golf: Excellent recreational activities are available within Countryside for visitors and residents alike. Flagg Creek Golf Course was renovated in 1993 and provides a perfect spot for family events, meetings and community functions.
3. Tickle your taste buds: The restaurants in Countryside offer mouth watering food varieties form all over the world. Delicious Chinese, Italian, Mexican and Thai food is served in restaurants. The restaurants provide a perfect outing for family and friends.
4. Get yourself a car: If one wants to buy a car or sell a car Countryside, is the place to visit. There are 13 brands of cars available and 11 dealers.
5. Visit a zoo with a difference: Brookfield Zoo near Countryside is an amazing place to visit. Established with a vision of creating a harmonious relationship between man and nature, the zoo provides an interactive journey of the place and explores the efforts for the conservation of nature.