Covina is a small city in the state of California, with a population of 47.796 residents at the 2010 census. The city was incorporated at the state of California in 1901. The main industry here, in Covina is agriculture: orange and grapefruit trees, that made the area famous. The Covina Valley Historical Society maintains an extensive archive illustrating the history of the city. Today, Covina has the largest movie multiplex in the county. With so many venues and wonderful landscapes, Covina is an ideal holiday destination for pe4ople who are searching for a relaxing holiday or weekend getaway.
Top Attractions Within Covina
Rude Dog Bar and Grill was established in 1992, with the goal of providing Covina with its own hometown sports bar and grill. Rude Dogs has become one of the favourite venue for any sports fan. Rude Dogs is a fantastic place for birthday parties and other celebration, as well as a nice night out with your friends or family. There is live entertainment for all interests, with live bands, karaoke and DJs. With 18 large screen HDTVs, Rude Dogs is the best place to watch your favourite sports team play.
Covina Centre for the Performing Arts is dedicates to presenting a range of quality theatre productions in a state of the art facilities. The Centre is committed to bringing the highest level of theatrical education to children and adults alike. Through the highest level of performance-based instruction, free low cost performances and back tours,the centre is dedicated to promoting art and culture.
AzoVino Covina features over two hundred of the finest labels of wine available, many of them award winning wines from all around the world. With an inventory that is mainly Californian, there is a smattering of European and Australian wines rounding out of the list. Tourists can enjoy a glass of wine and a guided tour around the wineries.
Covina is located in southern California in Los Angeles. It was settled in 1882 by Joseph Swift Phillips, his wife and surveyor Frederick Eaton. It earned its popularity as being home to the world's best oranges. After World War II, family dwellings replaced the orange orchards. According to official sources, the old slogan of “A Mile Square and All There", coined to exhibit that the city is only one square mile, is still valid.
1. Enjoy the performing arts: Covina is known for its robust theatrical life and performing Arts. AMC30 theatre is one of the most visited theatres of America. Covina Centre for the Performing Art is the hub of community activities. The Stage Arts Repertory (SAR) group is one of the leading theatrical artistic groups.
2. Visit the yesteryears: For history lovers, Covina has interesting things to offer. Memorials from World War II and citrus history are displayed at The Firehouse-Jail and the Heritage House, providing mind-provoking slices of the legacy. The places are preserved and maintained by Covina Valley Historical Society.
3. Do some shopping: Shopping at Covina is a memorable experience. A wide range of products is available in the shopping malls including antique items and souvenirs for the visitors. Vintage things are also offered to those who are interested.
4. Go bowling: Visiting Covina Bowl is an enjoyment as well as a glimpse of history. It is a pyramid shaped bowling venue of 1950s, enlivening the tradition dating back to WWII when bowling avenues were a popular hangout.
5. Attend a musical concert: Musical concerts are a robust evening activity in Covina. Attending lively concerts of Blues, Classical, Jazz and Folk music with dance troupes is a wonderful experience