Covington is a city in Newton County, Georgia, United States with a population of 13, 118 inhabitants. Covington is also the county seat of Newton County and it incorporates many attractions and a nice landscape that make it ideal for spending your vacation here.
Top Attractions within Covington
The Oaks Course in Covington is a place ideal for playing golf or for doing this for the first time. The area is large and clean, so the entire family can come here and enjoy their free time in nature. It offers tourists the opportunity to stay active during their vacation and having fun with the people they love most.
The Southern Heartland Art Gallery is located in Covington and showcases interesting and very beautiful art works. The gallery also incorporates a shop, so you can buy wonderful things as souvenirs. It is also an organization that offers its members the opportunity to improve or to discover their artistic skills and supports local artists.
The Holiday Inn Express Covington includes many facilities meant to make its clients feel wonderful and comfortable. It is close to the main attractions, so you will not waste time. Its staff is ready to serve and to treat you with respect. This hotel is one of the most popular in Covington, so choose this accommodation and you cannot be wrong.
Indian Creek Golf Club is a green and clean area in Covington, offering all the necessary equipment for feeling great with your family and friends. Stay in nature and enjoy the bird's song, it will be a refreshing experience that you will always remember. This point of interest is great for all golf skill levels, so your kids can play it, too.
Utopia Day Spa in Covington offers a complete relaxing and healthy experience for your body and mind. Your vacation will be complete only if you will not forget about this quality spa.
Covington is located in Newton County in Georgia. The hero of the Madison War of 1812 Leonard Covington gives Covington its name. The railroads laying starting in 1845 brought growth and prosperity to the city. Recently, Covington earns its popularity for being the shooting location of several TV shows.
1. Relax playing golf: Covington offers exciting golfing opportunities. Those relishing the beautiful landscape and satisfying their golfing desire, find their perfect match in golf courses of Covington. Renowned golf courses are the Indian Creek Golf Club, The Oaks Course and Windy Hills Golf Course.
2. Go hiking and trekking: Hiking and trekking on miles of walking track along a lake is a sure attraction for all visitors. A visit to Lake Turner provides the perfect opportunity to all of this thrilling activity. For senior citizens opportunities of playing billiard and listening to music are also available
3. See some old architecture: Covington hosts a rich heritage of olden times. One must undertake tour of the city to witness Antebellum and Victorian homes, churches and community buildings unique in their architecture showcasing the treasures legacy.
4. Spend time with wildlife: For an unsurpassable recreational and educational activity one must visit Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center. The 6,400 acres centre has a fabulous fishing opportunity in Marben Public Fishing Area. It has some 22 ponds and lakes. The education centre provides worthy information regarding wildlife.
5. Go bird watching: For humming birds' lovers, the annual Humming Birds Festival held in Covington is an opportunity not to miss. Enjoy buggy rides into the plantations and watch hundreds of humming birds flip their vibrant wings, presenting an awesome sight.