Crestwood is a charming village in the state of Illinois, located more exactly in Cook County. The history of Crestwood goes back to 1928, when it was incorporated as a village. Since then, Crestwood developed a lot, and it became a beautiful place to live in. No wonder, thus, that the population of Crestwood has constantly increased throughout the years. Now, there are 11.251 people living in Crestwood, according to the 2009 census.
One step at a time, Crestwood is also becoming a great tourist destination, where people come to relax and enjoy the numerous recreational and cultural opportunities that it offers. Accommodation is affordable for any budget, so if you are looking to spend a relaxing holiday or a quick getaway from the big city, this is the place to come.
Top Attractions within Crestwood
Hollywood Fun Park is a wonderful recreational facility, where everyone will have a good time. This fun filled place provides both indoor and outdoor activities, including bumper cars, go-kart, mini-golf, climbing walls and picnic pavilions. You will also find here a café and pizzeria, so you will have everything that you need to spend an amazing day. Children will love this place in particular, because they will get the chance to play and do all kinds of activities, so you should better come here if you have kids.
The Midlothian Country Club is another place where you will relax and forget all about the outside world. Golf passionates will find the elegant golf course extremely appealing, and suited for all ages and experience levels. If you do not know how to play, you could always learn, or if not, take a walk and explore the surroundings.
The Hampton Inn is the choice of many people who visit the area. This cozy and warming inn offers many facilities, and the stuff and cleaning services are impeccable, as well. Should you stay at this inn you will be in close proximity to every attraction in Crestwood.
Crestwood is located in Cook County in the state of Illinois. A village of 8 sq km, it is populated by 92.5% whites including Irish, German, Polish, Italian and British. Crestwood has the honour of being the first congressional district of Illinois. Hawkinson Ford Field in Crestwood, hosts the baseball matches of the Windy City Thunderbolts. The museums in the nearby areas of Crestwood, depict the history and legacy of the area.
1. Have a family outing: Hollywood Park Crestwood, is a worth visiting place. It is an ultimate family entertainment place. Two miniature golf courses make it a unique park. Delicious pizzas, arcade game room and picnic sites add to the charisma of the park. In addition, there are many golf courses and clubs near Crestwood.
2. Tickle the taste buds: The restaurants in Crestwood offer delicious food in different varieties, with recipes taken from all over the world, including Chinese and Indian cuisines. Pizza is an old all- time favourite.
3. Go sailing: At a distance of around 8 km from Crestwood, there is a small town named Lighthouse Point. Its yacht club offers exciting sailing opportunities and fun-filled but safe water sports. The town has conspicuous churches of gorgeous architecture.
4. Visit some churches: The churches of Crestwood are worth seeing. Calvary Church of the Nazarene is known for its unique and attractive architecture. Tourists can visit the church and also take part in Sunday prayers.
5. Go shopping: For clothes shopping, Rivercrest Shopping Center is the best choice. Trendy and fashionable clothing by different designers are available here. One can also do antiques and souvenirs shopping.