Finding the Perfect Car Rental in Crystal Lake is Easy
Are you looking for a cheap car rental in Crystal Lake? VroomVroomVroom can help you find the lowest rate by listing down all the available vehicles by price. We compare deals from the country's leading car hire companies, including Avis, Budget and Enterprise so you are still assured of getting a high quality car for an affordable rate.
Crystal Lake is a city located in the south of the McHenry County, county which is located in the north of Illinois. The town is named after Crystal Lake, a lake at a distance of 1.6 miles of the center of the town. Crystal Lake is the largest city in the county with a population of 38.000 people living on an area of 22 squared miles. Crystal Lake has its origins in two communities from the area that established here in the early 1800s. At first, when a community formed in this area, the place was called Crystal Ville, but in 1840 changed to Crystal Lake. If you visit Illinois, do not miss this great city and its attractions.
Reasons to rent a car in Crystal Lake at VroomVroomVroom
- Free to book and modify
- Free to cancel 48 hours prior to pick up
- Wide range of vehicles
- Convenient pick up and drop off locations
- Friendly customer care experts ready to assist
Best time to visit Crystal Lake
The weather in Crystal Lake is almost similar with that of Chicago where summers can get really hot and winters can get really cold. The hottest month is July so make sure to bring protection from the sun if you are planning to travel during that time. The heat won't probably matter that much if you go to the annual Lakeside Festival because of the fun activities in store for its visitors such as historic tours, midway games, thrilling rides, and scrumptious food.
Driving tips in Crystal Lake
It is advisable to rent a car in Crystal Lake if you are planning to explore Chicago, which is just 50 miles away from the city. If you are arriving via Chicago O'Hare International Airport, you can also book a car rental from there through VroomVroomVroom. It will only take you approximately 45 minutes by car to reach Crystal Lake via I-90 W. Other alternative routes include N Randall Rd and State Rte 31 N.
Top Attractions within Crystal Lake
Crystal Lake is situated in McHenry County in Northeast Illinois. The city receives its name from the lake named Crystal Lake located in the city renowned for its water which is as clear as crystal. Crystal Lake is the largest city of the County. The city was settled somewhere around 1800. Crystal Lake had a booming ice harvesting industry before the introduction of refrigerator technology.
Crystal Lake Historical Society is a museum depicting the history of the town where you can find a lot of details about the families that inhabited Crystal Lake in its first years. You can also admire old photographs, tools and different items that belonged to the first locals. Memorabilia of these people is exposed for visitors to see and great tours can be taken with a local guide. Crystal Lake Historical Society was founded in order to preserve the heritage of the town and to make sure the history of Crystal Lake is well known among the young residents.
Raue Center for the Arts is a community art center from Crystal Lake. Raue Center for the Arts features Brodway productions and also community theater and other live plays and adaptations of local writers.
Historic Downtown Crystal Lake is the center of the town, filled with history, old buildings and home to over 170 businesses - restaurants, museums, stores, antique shops and many more. Take a walk and admire the great architecture from the mid 19th century that this beautiful place proudly displays.
Top 5 Things to Do in Crystal Lake, IL
1. See a lavish mansion: When in Crystal Lake, one can have glimpses of the opulent legacy of the past. A visit to the Dole Mansion with its artistic wood carving, lavish marble fireplaces, black walnut doors and parquet floors, renders one dumbfounded. Built by Charles S. Dole in 1860s, the three-storey mansion captures precisely the affluence of the owner, as intended by him.
2. Spend time in a library: Starting as a reading room in 1914 in Dodge home, the Crystal Lake Public Library today has the finest collection of books, electronic books, videos and internet facilities as well. It is ranked at number ten, among public libraries
3. Take a history tour: Crystal Lake Historical Society provides worthwhile tours into the history of Crystal Lake. Archiving the schoolbooks of colonial times, renovating the olden houses and organizing cemetery walks, the society enlivens the rich heritage of the city.
4. Relax in the park: A number of parks in Crystal Lake provide refreshing and enjoyable recreation to the whole family. Walk ways, bike trails, picnic spots and children play areas in Fetzner Park, Four Colonies Park, Hill Farm Park, Cress Creek Property and many others, provide exciting outdoor activities.
5. Enjoy a concert: The Raue Center for Performing Arts is where plays and concerts are performed all year round. This centre has a seating capacity for 700 people. The Crystal Lake Community Band and Choir also perform here.