Culver City Car Rental Comparison
The Heart of Screenland, how Culver City is dubbed, is one great city from Los Angeles County, in California, the United States of America. According to recent statistics, Culver City has a population of almost 40.000 people living together in an area of approximately 5 miles. In the area of Culver City, for more than 8000 years lived just Tongva-Gabrielino Native Americans. Culver City was founded in 1913 by Harry Culver on the land of three important ranches in the area: Rancho La Ballona, Rancho Rincon de los Bueyes and Rancho La Cienega o Paso de la Tijera.
Top Attractions within Culver City
Culver City Public Theater has an annual program of free and outdoor classic theater plays in the Dr. Paul Carlson Memorial Park. The theater has a tradition in playing for young audiences and all the summer performances are held in weekends.
Star Eco Station is a science center mixed with a wildlife rescue center from Culver City. Here are hosted the abandoned exotic animals or those who were confiscated. Star Eco Station is also a great place to learn about the environmental issues. One of the projects of this center is the collaboration with STAR Prep Academy, a high school in Culver City, which offers the opportunity for the students to work with the animals from the center.
Culver Hotel is a 1924 landmark for Culver City. The hotel is shaped like a pie slice. This was the home of the cast of The Wizard of Oz during the filming of the movie in 1930. The hotel itself was the star of the movie Under the Rainbow. For a long time, the owner of the hotel was John Wayne. Famous stars that were housed in this Culver City hotel include Clark Gable, Greta Garbo, Ronald Reagan and Frank Sinatra.
5 Things to do in Culver City
Called the “Heart of Screenland” Culver City is surrounded by Los Angeles on three sides. As its motto suggests, the city is central to the film and television industry. Movies such as The Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, Contact and Wag the Dog were filmed in Culver City. Here are a few things you should see if you find yourself in Culver City.
1. Culver City Public Theater. Located in Dr. Paul Carlson Memorial Park, this theater offers free performances during the summer season.
2. Mexican cuisine at Tito's Tacos. This well known taco stand is listed in several restaurant guides. The eatery features Mexican foods such as tamales and burritos.
3. Stay at the Culver Hotel. Many famous actors, including most of the cast of The Wizard of Oz, have stayed at this Culver City landmark (left). Along with traditional rooms, there are also three rooms dedicated to the famous actors who actually stayed in those rooms. These rooms are dedicated to John Wayne, Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe.
4. Culver City Art District. This portion of the city is home to many art galleries where you can view a variety of forms and types of art. Get around this art district with a cheap car hire.
5. Museum of Jurassic Technology. This is not your usual museum. It includes collections of unique shows such as an exhibition on household myths as well as an entire collection dedicated to trailer park culture.
Culver city will get your pulse racing, cruise around town with your own glamorous vehicle, a cheap car hire.