Daly City is located in the state of California in San Francisco suburbs. The refugees of the dreadful San Francisco earthquake were the first inhabitants. The city was named after the renowned businessman and landowner of the area John Daly.
Did you know that Daly City is also called the Gateway to the Peninsula?
Best way to travel: Car
#1 thing to do: Pacific Plaza
#2 thing to do: Olympic Club
#3 thing to do: Westlake Shopping Center
Fun Fact: At the top of Mission Hill the priests who marked out a trail San Francisco to the rest of California named the gap between San Bruno Mountain and the hills on the coast "La Portezuela" or the little door. La Portezuela was later referred to as Daly's Hill which became the center of Daly City.
#1 Car Rental Company: Enterprise
1. Watch a rodeo show: For those who are interested in watching rodeos, then a visit to the Cow Palace indoor arena is a must. The Department of Food and Agriculture, California, organize the Grand National Rodeo, Horse, and Stock Show, annually. The Cow Palace has hosted a variety of events including a concert by the Beatles.
2. Fly with the birds: For paragliding and hang gliding lovers, a visit to the Thornton Beach State Park in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area is a must. The cliffs at the beach and hilly terrain offer a delightful location for both the sports.
3. Do some shopping: Shopping in Daly City is a real delight. Ample space for parking, lower sales tax and mega shopping malls, makes shopping a spree. Serramonte Center is the most famous shopping mall covering an area of over 800,000 sq. ft.
4. Play some golf: Daly is a golfer's delight. The Olympic Club will be hosting the USGA U.S. open in 2012. Lake Merced Country Club was renovated in 1996 and is one of the most renowned golf courses of California.
5. Enjoy a theatrical performance: For theatre lovers, a visit to the nine storied Pacific Plaza becomes a must. The restaurants here offer a variety of cuisines, is an excellent opportunity of single as well as family dining.