Drive a Reliable Car Rental in Dana Point and Have Fun
Dana Point is a small city located in southern Orange County California, with a population of 33.351 residents, according ot the 2010 census. It has one of the few harbours along the Orange county coast, and with ready access via State Route 1. The city was named after the headland of Dana Point, which was in turn name after a famous writer, Richard Dana Jr.
There are many sites that are open to the public and feature a nature center and walking trails exhibiting lost plants of the Southern California Coast. With its wonderful landscapes, Dana Point is the perfect place to spend a short holiday or a weekend getaway.
Top 5 Things to Do in Dana Point
Dana Point is a Southern coastal city of California located in Orange County. Blessed with a beautiful and commercially lucrative coast of seven miles, Dana Point was named in honor of Seaman Richard Henry Dana, Jr author of “Two Years before the Mast”.
1. Spend a day on the water: Dana Point Harbor offers interesting water sports activities for visitors of all ages. Sailing, yachting, jet skiing, windsurfing and fishing are robust sports for the young and old. For the very young, there is a baby beach for them to enjoy swimming and splashing in the water. Salt Creek Beach Park and Capistrano Beach are famous surfing and camping spots.
2. Learn about marine life: For those who are interested in oceanic studies and marine life science a trip to Ocean Institute is a must for academic enlightenment in these fields. One can visit the institute on weekends and can enjoy viewing sea creatures and participate in laboratory activities.
3. Play some golf: Lovely seaside golfing on emerald hilly terrain is an exhilarating activity in Dana Point. The beautiful golf course of Monarch Beach Golf Links is an 18 holes golf course along the Pacific Ocean.
4. See the whales: Whale safari is novel experience that one should undergo when visiting Dana Point. There are many opportunities of viewing grey whales and dolphins romancing with the azure waves.
5. Enjoy a festival: Dana Point is also renowned for its colourful and robust events, jazz and blues music and festivals. Dana Point hosts California's biggest Thanksgiving Day race; Run America's Turkey Trot, a fun to behold or participate in. The festival of Whales and Tall Ships, are also exciting activities for the visitors of Dana Point.
Top Attractions Within Dana Point
Dana Point Ocean Institute. The Institute has become nationally known for its marine science, environmental and ocean education. Thousands of tourists and students come every year and take part in the immersion style programs. Tourists voyage onto the ocean, study in labs and have the opportunity to see for themselves life on board of maritime vessels and observe migrating whales and investigate the culture and world around them.
Whale Watching Dana Point. Get up close with the largest animals on the planet aboard the whale watching safari. The whale watching staff can provide you with specific technical equipment that enables you to hear the animals, as well as seeing them with the aid of an underwater camera and plasma monitor.
Doheny State Beach is near Dana Point and it offers guests and tourists a relaxing and clean beachfront location along with the possibilites for adventure. The choices include biking, diving, fishing, kayaking or windsurfing. The Dana Point campgrounds are centrally located. Within a walking distance, there is the beach, restaurants, the shopping butiques and the beach city life.
Dana Point Harbour Inn welcomes you to a new world of paradise, right at your feet. Enjoy the luxury of being a few steps away from the rapture of one of California's top rated beaches. You can enjoy a day of fun in the sun at the beach or let the spectacular oceanside escape and nightlife sweep you off your feet.