Danbury is a city located on Connecticut's border with New York. It is home to over 80 thousand Americans, as well as to Western Connecticut State University and Danbury Hospital, the area's largest medical facility. Danbury has been called “Hat City” due to its history in hat manufacturing, and is less than 70 miles from metropolitan New York City. Did you know Neil Cavuto of FOX News is from Danbury?
Avis, Budget, Enterprise and Hertz are all listed here -- If you need to book a car rental in Danbury, it's easy to save time and money by booking at VroomVroomVroom. By comparing cheap car hire rates, you'll find the rock-bottom prices available anywhere online. Our system also allows you to compare rental rates if you need a certain type of vehicle, or if you will need special features.
We are the experts in booking a car rental and we're going to explain why that's true. Car rental at VroomVroomVroom includes several benefits you just won't find on other sites. They include the following:
Best of all, we'll match any price using our Price Promise! Check the Price Promise page to get the details. You'll be glad you booked your car rental with us, because we are the leaders in rental car rate comparison, and we help people save money every day! Go ahead and try it out – you won't be disappointed!
Danbury is a city in the southwest of Connecticut State. Interstate 84 and Route 7 are the city's two main highways. You can use your car rental to drive west on I-84 to New York's Hudson Valley, or east to the cities of Hartford and Waterbury. U.S. 7 is a route you can take in your car rental to go north or south, to Norwalk or to Litchfield Hills.
Danbury has a population of 80,893 according to the 2010 census. The settlers from Danbury England inhabited the area during early settlements in United States, which gives this city the name Danbury. The city used to be a hub of the hat industry of the United States, earning the nickname “Hat City”. Today it is known for being the headquarters of Union Carbide, a world famous name in the chemical industry. The prison in Danbury was one of the many sites used for the incarceration of conscientious objectors, such as highly educated men skilled in social activism.
The area known as the Housatonic Valley Region is sometimes called Greater Danbury, and includes Danbury and neighboring towns along the Housatonic and Still Rivers. By booking an affordable car rental to use when you travel to Danbury, you're ensuring that you'll be able to explore the entire region if you choose to do so!
Danbury is also a great place to come and enjoy the history, the beautiful landscapes and the diverse types of venues and accommodation.There are lots of fun attractions to visit while you're in Danbury. Why not drive your car rental over to Tarrywile Park and Mansion? This top-rated Danbury park is a local favorite, because it's a wonderful place where you can enjoy the outdoors, and it has a lot of great hiking trails! If you'd like to enjoy a bit of sport while in town, Richter Park Golf Course might be a place you should check out. It's called the best and most beautiful course in Danbury!
You could also visit Danbury Railway Museum in your affordable rental car – it's another very popular place to go for tourists! And if you aren't tired of powerful mechanized vehicles when you're done there, hop back into your car rental and see the tanks at Danbury's Military Museum of Southern New England. It's a top-ranked activity for military and history buffs!
Danbury Museum and Historical Society acquries, preserves, exhibits and interprets the past of Danbury. The Danbury Museum preserves the John and Mary Rider House, the old King Street Schoolhouse, the Little Red Schoolhouse and Huntington Hall, a modern exhibit building that contains the museum offices and a research library. It is a wonderful place to visit and find out more interesting information on the history of Danbury.
Danbury Ice Arena is the place where you can benefit from an affordable family entertainment. You can find the highest quality of instructional, recreational and competitive programs for skaters of all ages and abilities, as well as outstanding customer service every day. The instructional programs are fit for each skater. Regardless if you are a novice or an expert, Danbury Ice Arena provides the customers and tourists with a wonderful skating experience.
1. Observe Victorian architecture: For those who love hiking and trekking, Danbury is renowned for its hiking trails winding through scenic locations in Tarrywile Mansion and Park. The mansions and buildings preserved in the ancient Victorian style are fantastic sights to behold.
2. Visit a military museum: For military history lovers a trip to the Military Museum of Southern New England is a must. The museum has a unique collection of military vehicles and equipment of World War II and later.
3. Listen to live music: Visiting Ives Concert Park is a sure exhilaration for music lovers. Endless rock and roll music offers an alleviating experience to shun off ones worries and frets and making one want to rock to the tunes.
4. Tour historical buildings: For those who are interested in historical buildings and architecture, visiting Danbury Museum will give them a fantastic opportunity to see five historical buildings giving ample glimpses into early life, traditions and culture of the community.
5. Take time out: A boat lunch, swimming, relaxing, picnicking in Danbury Candlewood Park presents an exciting family outing. It is an 11-acre park offering comprehensive family recreation. There are around 20 parks in Danbury that offer a comforting and peaceful atmosphere for pure relaxation and enjoyment.